User Tag List

Thread: GW Performance Issues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW Performance Issues

All - just a quick update on progress.

Work continues to identify the root of the slow performance issues, with an end-to-end review being carried out on the forum (I.e. server / database / forum). Unfortunately, this is a timely process and there are currently no timescales for resolution.

In the interim, we will be making a number of changes to the forum over the couple of days which should improve the way the forum loads (things like how the browser caches a copy of the site, how you view images etc). During these updates, I'll try to keep any downtime to a bare minimum.

Apologies for the current performance issues and I hope you can be patient for a little longer till I can resolve the issue.

Jonathon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All - a number of changes have been made to how the forum works, including (as mentioned above) how your browser caches the site. I would recommend that all users of the forum clear their cache on their browsers (CTRL & F5) in order for these changes to take effect.

Performance appears to have improved following these changes, but we'll have to keep an eye on it over the coming days before confirming it's resolved.

Please remember to report any issues you experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That feels much better now - good response.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Performance appears to have stabilised now, so I'll say this is resolved.

I'll have a look at bringing some of the features back one at a time over the coming days and will monitor the performance!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2