User Tag List

Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What now for Walcott?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    This is the problem. If we won't pay him that, someone else will. We can't expect to be a successful club and operate on this system. All of our star players will hit the glass ceiling and look elsewhere to play football. It's bad enough we don't win trophies. Also, our youth policy is totally flawed. Jack, Ox and Ramsey will encounter the same problem if they stay long enough. They're already on £50k and soon enough they will be at the top end of our wage structure and they're still young players! Once at the top of the wage braket, they can't earn anymore and that's likely to happen by the time they're in their mid 20's and hitting their peak similar to Theo.

It's an unsustainable system. We're likely to lose these players if they fulfil their potential or have a hard time shifting them if they turn out like Denilson and Bendy.
    I actually think we should give him the money tbh. Yes, it's a lot, but it's the players that make the game and have been responsible for it developing into such a big money industry, and consequently deserve the big bucks for their efforts. I struggle to understand how the fans seem so opposed to players getting a lot of money (and regularly castigate those who leave for being greedy moneygrabbers) but don't seem to direct the same ire at the board, many of whom actually cashed in by selling shares rather than investing in the club, which displays a far greater level of greed than any player has shown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think we should give Theo the money too given our current situation but I have a feeling his head has already been turned.

Our contract situation with our best players is an absolute farce, seriously why does this happen ever season? Why do we let our best players run down there contracts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs to be kept, makes no sense continually losing our best players especially if we can avoid it.

Despite my lack of faith in his ability to become a world class player he is as good as any winger in the Premiership and him going along with Van Persie leaves us in a worse position than we were at the start of last season's summer transfer window.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I actually think we should give Theo the money too given our current situation but I have a feeling his head has already been turned.

Our contract situation with our best players is an absolute farce, seriously why does this happen ever season? Why do we let our best players run down there contracts?
    It's out of our hands to some degree....

We can't make someone sign. Sure, we can sweeten the deal and hope for the best, but ultimately, if other clubs offer more money, that's what's gonna happen.

We have to hope that players such as Jack can keep us going, and stay true to their words. He said he's never leave Arsenal....really hope that's true.

AOC is about 2 years away from doing exactly the same unfortunately.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...exit-door.html

We have become such a dog shite club. Wenger has really been fucked hard in the butt with his youth policy. RVP out for 6.5 seasons out of 8, Theo out 4 seasons out of 6.. unlimited faith and Wenger gets the finger! Shouldve offloaded these c*nts when they were of no use to us. The only person who has shown us some sort of loyalty is Rosicky.. thats probably coz no one was interested.

I'll probably go bat shit crazy if a day comes when Diaby has a few good games and he says "Club is not moving in the direction I want it to move so I am not going to stay at Arsenal"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...exit-door.html

We have become such a dog shite club. Wenger has really been fucked hard in the butt with his youth policy. RVP out for 6.5 seasons out of 8, Theo out 4 seasons out of 6.. unlimited faith and Wenger gets the finger! Shouldve offloaded these c*nts when they were of no use to us. The only person who has shown us some sort of loyalty is Rosicky.. thats probably coz no one was interested.

I'll probably go bat shit crazy if a day comes when Diaby has a few good games and he says "Club is not moving in the direction I want it to move so I am not going to stay at Arsenal"
    You know what I suggest?

Don't read The Sun.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal

We truly are the laughing stock of the PL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does Walcott really think he's worth that 80k per week?

Top flight club football has really turned into one big corporate mess, packed with mercenaries parading as superstar players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Arsenal

We truly are the laughing stock of the PL
    We're small time these days and a bit of a joke around Europe, in a few years noone will want to sign for us and the problem will be even worse than today. But Wenger knows as they say!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to start looking closer to home when billy no bollocks players like Walcott begin to ponder whether Arsenal is the right place for him.