Thread: What now for Walcott?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    So its bull

Fair enough

thats why i said reports going round, not 100% taht he said. though on further search its supposed to have come from an itv journalist so check itv.com later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So its bull

Fair enough
    and you are wrong. again

Theo Walcott has insisted he wants to stay at Arsenal, and stated that the delay over a new contract has not been down to money but "football reasons".

PA Photos
    Theo Walcott has had limited involvement for Arsenal so far this season
    • Wenger on Walcott future

Walcott, 23, is in the final year of his contract and Arsene Wenger has suggested he could be offloaded in January if the situation is not resolved.

However, the forward has stressed that he does not want to leave the club and reiterated that he still aims to become a "club legend" like Thierry Henry.

"It's a slow process," Walcott said. "My last contract took over six months to happen. Hopefully it can be sorted out.

"I've never said I wanted to go, I've always wanted to stay. I want to be an Arsenal legend. Thierry joined the club when he was 22 and I want to become an Arsenal legend like him, playing up front as well, which is a big factor for me. I've played on the right wing and had the opportunity to play up front a bit more so I think it's about time.

"That speculation on the money side of it has never been me. That's not me. I'm not the sort of person who's influenced by money. I always make my decisions based on football and only football. Hopefully something can be sorted out. I'll just wait for the club to get back to us now and go from there.

"It's one of those things that happens in the game. If it comes to it, if the club had to sell me, I'd be disappointed but, like I said, hopefully something can be sorted."

Walcott was speaking to publicise the Mars Just Play initiative http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...rsenal?cc=5739

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case, theres only one thing to say

NQ

Still think Theos all about the money?

Another shocker from NQ to go with his breakdown yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case, theres only one thing to say

NQ

Still think Theos all about the money?

Another shocker from NQ to go with his breakdown yesterday
    if its not about hte money then why hasnt he signed? the best way to become a legend at a club is to commit to it not get 3 months away from ebing able to sign for another club for free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    well the best way to start to become a legend is to commit your long term future to us without fucking about on a contract. otherwise that shows exactly what you want. you want to become a legend here but only if they pay you 100k a week
    What is a legend this days. Players don't stay at clubs long enough to be legends. Even if this is true, then Theo will be off in Jan, i mean can you see AW playing him where he wants.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 24-09-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    what is a legend this days. Players don't stay at clubs long enough to be legends. Even if this is true, then Theo will be off in Jan, i mean can you see AW playing him where he wants.

no but my point is, if you say yo uwant to stay and be a legend etc, then show it by signing a deal. dont talk the talk but dont walk the walk

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he wants to see where the club is heading, maybe he wants reassurances from Wenger that he wont sell Cazorla and Podolski next summer etc

Fuck knows

Theres more to contracts than money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    no but my point is, if you say yo uwant to stay and be a legend etc, then show it by signing a deal. dont talk the talk but dont walk the walk
    Theo Signing a deal won't make him a legend, he'd have a lot more to prove then that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he wants to see where the club is heading, maybe he wants reassurances from Wenger that he wont sell Cazorla and Podolski next summer etc

Fuck knows

Theres more to contracts than money

This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't care why or if he signs another contract. The only thing that concerns me is the likely effect an unresolved situation could have on us when we approach the business end of the season and there is greater pressure on our ability and need to get results.

If the situation is unresolved by January then he has to be out the door.