User Tag List

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Bye Song!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Bye Song!

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has hailed the talents of Arsenal's Alexandre Song, and says the Cameroon international has the qualities to prosper at Camp Nou.
    Song has reportedly attracted the interest of the Catalan club thanks to his displays for the Gunners last season, with a rumoured £15million bid potentially in the offing.
    While any official interest from Barcelona remains unconfirmed playmaker Iniesta has spoken of his admiration for the 24-year-old, whose talent he admires.
    "I know Song from seeing him play, and from playing against him," said Iniesta. "Technically he is a very good player and is also very strong physically too.
    "If he comes it would be because he has the qualities to play here, there is little doubt about that, and we'd welcome him." Iniesta's Barca team-mate Sergio Busquets recently made similar comments regarding Song, also expressing his admiration for the player.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...UBkKFOIq5go.99

Here we go again.

I wish Barca would just fuck off. Every fucking year they come for a sniff.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's more worrying for them that they are looking for players currently below the standard they have at the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Song would comfortably shit all over Busquets in La Liga.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Song's ball distribution and ball retention skills go unnoticed on here. Even before the assists, he was good at keeping the ball moving, never getting caught in possession and turning defence into attack quickly. Just compare and contrast his performances with Denilson's, Ramsey and Diaby's. You'll rarely find him in a situation where he takes too long to make a pass or gets caught in possession like these three. That's the sign of a good central midfielder and the first thing I noticed about Cesc when he first started playing for us and Wilshere. You can't get caught in possession and must know when and who to pass to. That's probably why he's caught Barca's attention.

He'd be a good anchor player for them but won't be an automatic starter because they also have Busquets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeegunnerblog
    Alex Song completed 84.3% of his passes this season. That was the worst percentage of any regular Midfielder. But he attempted the second most passes on the team behind Arteta, who lead the team in completion percentage. That means that our defensive midfielder was playing plenty of passes that went astray. He was also dispossessed more than twice as much as Arteta and had nearly double the turnovers. I am a huge fan of Alex Song, but there’s no denying that his forays up the pitch and his carelessness with the ball caused plenty of problems for our defense.
    Overvalued or undervalued? Like Theo, it's hard to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Song would comfortably shit all over Busquets in La Liga.
    Busquets may be one of the most unlikeable players on the planet, but he is just as important for Barcelona and Spain as Xavi and Iniesta. He is almost faultless in his role. Song is nowhere near his technical level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Song could probably do a sparringly good job for them like Keita did.

I hope we keep him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldnt be too miffed if he was replaced by a solid DM. Song loses possesion far too often and if he is off his game he is woeful. for me toward the last half of the season he seemed to dwell on the ball far too long and get disposessed or get rushed into an incorrect pass in lots of games. not disciplined enough IMO but I have stated my view on him elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could do with a new CM option yes. Song is prone to brainfarts, Wiltsheer is dead, Ramsey is shit and Diaby is unreliable. I think Wenget knows this hence why he's gone after Sahin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football can FOAD if this happens. And Biscuits too. He's a terrible player, supported by reliable team mates and a management set up he obviously has incriminating photos of.
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.