Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Match Reaction v Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Piss off.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    Some thoughts?

Mannone was at fault throughout for failing to organise his defence. This lack of communication was compounded by Mertesacker being dropped, as up until now, when Mannone's played he's done the job for the keeper.

The result could easily be seen as the difference between the two team's GK's. Cech kept them in the game with a great save. Mannone failed to do so for their second.

Kos and Verms don't sit right together, but even so haven't played either together, or with the keeper this season. Making 2 changes (Verms changing position as well), was not a great idea when playing the likely league champions at home. That said, I can understand why with the pace that the Chavs had AW wanted to use 2 quick CB's - but it backfired.

Diaby going off so early was a blow to our plans going forwards. If he had played, he would have drawn their MF's out of position and created more space for Santi to work in.

We are 2 points ahead of where we were last season when RVC was playing for us. We are still a work in progress, and the team is still finding its balance. Our most creative pairing to date has been Carzola and Podolski - and we have to give credit to Chelsea for keeping this very quiet. However, they have a very settled, experienced and effective defence, and we were always going to struggle to create openings. I still have faith that between Carzola; Podolski; Gervinho and Giroud we can share the goals that RVC scored for us last season.

Giroud is trying too hard. He has been restricted to bit parts this season, and needs to find understanding with our other players, and his scoring boots. Unlike Chamakh his scoring record in France was very good. Too soon to write him off, IMO. Torres missed almost as easy a chance.

Not a good day in the office, but no need to hit panic stations yet, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly. it's about as likely as us winning a trophy any time soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is no surprise to see some get at Kos as it isnt when some get at Theo (yours truly) when he has yet another sub par game. . .its just the way we are!

But I think we need to accept that be it the team or an individual there are going to be off days and for the team,including Kos, Saturday was one of them.

The argument that Merts shouldnt have been dropped carries weight too but Kos OG was not down to him being in instead of Merts, he was unlucky, maybe lacked some judgment. . .

I also do not think we were beaten by a massively superior team. . .I didnt watch all of the game but what I saw was an Arsenal team that lacked passion and I believe it was here we`let ourselves down and what contributed to the loss.

Chelsea are the pace setters and they have a good team again but they wont win every game, neither will the otherq. . .we need to put this game behind and hit the ground running again against the Hammers. . .start to put a little run together and we will look decent again.

S bit naffed we lost at home as its there we need to get the most points. . .

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOPE=Japan Shaking0All Over;201603]It is no surprise to see some get at Kos as it isnt when some get at Theo (yours truly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    Or as likely as the Chavs winning the CL last season, perhaps?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    It is no surprise to see some get at Kos as it isnt when some get at Theo (yours truly) when he has yet another sub par game. . .its just the way we are!

But I think we need to accept that be it the team or an individual there are going to be off days and for the team,including Kos, Saturday was one of them.

The argument that Merts shouldnt have been dropped carries weight too but Kos OG was not down to him being in instead of Merts, he was unlucky, maybe lacked some judgment. . .

I also do not think we were beaten by a massively superior team. . .I didnt watch all of the game but what I saw was an Arsenal team that lacked passion and I believe it was here we let ourselves down and what contributed to the loss.

Chelsea are the pace setters and they have a good team again but they wont win every game, neither will the others. . .we need to put this game behind and hit the ground running again against the Hammers. . .start to put a little run together and we will look decent again.

S bit naffed we lost at home as its there we need to get the most points. . .
    Spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    Think the poster was calling Chavs Champs, not us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Think the poster was calling Chavs Champs, not us.
    i know but we are chumps.

@ice berg - if we took any cups seriously then sure, but we don't. a cup win like chelseas is more likely to happen to a team than a sustained league campaign ending in victory.