User Tag List

Page 228 of 233 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2324

Thread: Funny and Cool Video and Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived in America for a couple of years, I really like Americans, but they are very emotional and easily whipped up into a frenzy, and can easily get carried along with hype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally like America and Americans too but they have a mindset which I just cannot relate to one bit.

One of the reasons so many are voting for Trump is that he says he's a Christian.
    After that it doesn't matter what he says or does, they'll just blindly vote for him anyway because of a clearly faux profession of faith.
    In America it's one big Get Out Of Jail Free card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I guess. I had to turn it off in the end. Partly because it was 1am, partly because I wanted to put my foot through the screen.

Has it got worse? Politics, I mean. It feels like it's got worse. When did facts stop mattering?
    Trump keeps spouting stuff which just isn't true. It just isn't true. And instead if people thinking "hang on, is that right?" they whoop and cheer and chant "U-S-A!" over and over again.

Not saying Clinton is much better but she does at least seem to have some grip on reality.
    I think it was late last year or early this year, Trump made that speech about banning all the Muslims from entering the country. Everyone in attendance whooped and cheered. I mean, really? What about the Muslin US soldiers currently serving overseas? How do you even tell if there're a muslim when they step off the boat?

The whole thing is crazy.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally like America and Americans too but they have a mindset which I just cannot relate to one bit.

One of the reasons so many are voting for Trump is that he says he's a Christian.
    After that it doesn't matter what he says or does, they'll just blindly vote for him anyway because of a clearly faux profession of faith.
    In America it's one big Get Out Of Jail Free card.
    Sorry? Seriously?

That has almost nothing whatsoever to do with why they are voting for him in particular, beyond the fact he's the Republican. If anything Trump is the candidate most at threat in recent elections of losing the religious vote due to the choreographed negative campaign that has been launched against him by the Dems and the media. Leaders of the religious base have had to come out and publicly reaffirm their backing to ensure support stays shored up.

Honestly, you are making statements here that have no bearing whatsoever on the facts and then stating them as generalised truth. Precisely the same thing you are accusing Trump voters and a large group of Americans of doing. Your conclusions are horribly simplistic and as far from the "reality" you claim Clinton represents as it is possible to get. You should have watched the whole rally and plenty more and then you might have a clue about what's going on.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ncreasing-poll

Edit: Oh and during the part I did watch last night Trump mentioned God and Jesus, to appreciative whoops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ncreasing-poll

Edit: Oh and during the part I did watch last night Trump mentioned God and Jesus, to appreciative whoops.
    You're a fool Letters. You dive into subjects you clearly know nothing about and then spout the media line as if it is an affirmation of truth. If you can't understand that Evangelicals are right wing conservatives (in the true meaning of the word) and are natural Republicans then you have literally zero grasp of the American political landscape. What you have said here is, Republicans just vote Republican because they are Republicans. What a deeply insightful contribution.

Well let me advise you once more. There are many, many more issues that are influencing the voting decisions of Americans in this election. The activity you are seeing among the Evangelicals right now is a response to an unthinkable scenario whereby elements of the religious right fail to endorse the Republican candidate based on a rather grubby campaign by the media to shore up a candidate that cannot speak about issues because her record is beyond appalling. This is demonstration that the religious right does not always plod like zombies to the polling booth based on a single issue. As I said, you couldn't be more wrong.

If you want to know (as opposed to reading the Guardian), the issues are immigration, employment, defence, the economy - not necessarily in that order. These are the issues on which Trump has built his support. These are also the issues that the left can't touch, which is why they have resorted to a series of smears as the foundation of their campaign. If the left can keep the issues off the front page then they win. If those issues hit the front page then Trump wins. It has almost nothing to do with religion.

But, if you want to make stupid generalisations then what about those blacks and dumb women? Do you agree they are too stupid to vote? Do you agree we should write them off with a sweeping statement like that? I assume you do, given your attitude towards other sections of American society.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    Not that we can vote, but if you want a more informed opinion, you have to watch both sides. That's what democracy is all about.
    I thought it was about the stupid, ill informed majority making the decisions for everybody.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I thought it was about the stupid, ill informed majority making the decisions for everybody.....
    ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You dive into subjects you clearly know nothing about
    That's an ironic statement coming from you, given your comments about Christianity on the other thread.
    and then spout the media line as if it is an affirmation of truth.
    I'm just backing up what I said with some facts and statistics.
    There are many, many more issues that are influencing the voting decisions of Americans in this election.
    I'm sure there are. I never claimed it was the only factor. But I do know that claiming to be a Christian is a big tick in the box for a lot of people in the US when they're deciding who to vote for. What completely baffles me is that they don't then scrutinise their actions to see if they in any way tally with Christian teachings.
    There are people at church who feel the same way about Trump, I just don't understand it. The argument seems to be "yes, he keeps spouting racism, misogyny, bigotry and now he's admitted sexually assaulting women and then dismissed it as banter, but...he's pro life". Sheesh.

You say that immigration, employment, defence and the economy are the issues on which Trump has built his support. But he doesn't have any coherent policy about any of those issues apart from "we're going to build a wall and make Mexico pay".

But, if you want to make stupid generalisations then what about those blacks and dumb women? Do you agree they are too stupid to vote?
    I don't know why you're bringing race or gender into it.
    I think some people make a more informed decision in elections than others, let's leave it at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have to say, having worked in a southern state of America I can say that religion is a huge part of their thinking ergo how they will vote. In 2004 whilst the war in Iraq was raging and US troops were coming home in body bags, the main consideration for that election, at least where I was living, was gun rights and abortion. Nobody talked about much else. (There was a third, but I can't for the life of me think what it was, but it was nothing to do with current affairs)
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 15-10-2016 at 04:47 PM.