0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Jeez. I heard that one in 1979 - shown to me by a German colleague when I was working over there. (Programming the precursor to the PC processor - 8080 - even writing my own operating system, interrupt drivers and apps to run on top. That was the best time in my career. So far. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Jeez. I heard that one in 1979 - shown to me by a German colleague when I was working over there. (Programming the precursor to the PC processor - 8080 - even writing my own operating system, interrupt drivers and apps to run on top. That was the best time in my career. So far. )
    Finally someone I can bitch to about the CUNTS in charge of the IT industry today. It takes these fucker 8 million lines of code to draw a box on the screen. CUNTS. Remember when you could pack a fully functional and blazing fast spreadsheet into 16K. These guys can't even get a config file down to 16K. CUNTS. Fucking CUNTS.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Finally someone I can bitch to about the CUNTS in charge of the IT industry today. It takes these fucker 8 million lines of code to draw a box on the screen. CUNTS. Remember when you could pack a fully functional and blazing fast spreadsheet into 16K. These guys can't even get a config file down to 16K. CUNTS. Fucking CUNTS.
    Damn right. The amount of bloatware that gets added to software these days, plus the fact that most programmers write utter shit with no consideration for the resources they squander. We used to have machines running at 20Mhz that produced a good quick result. We now have 2.4 and 3.6GHz processors - a hundred times faster, yet the punter gets a slower experience.

Don't get me started on every producer of an app who fixes is so the system gets it loaded up front at startup time (even if you are not going to use their shit in this session) making startup take a lot longer than it should and hogging memory that another app you actually care about could use to run better. Which is why I am currently writing this on a PC running Ubuntu and Firefox instead of Windows and Internet explorer - I can read all my mail, respond to all the goonersweb threads and still slip in a quick game of solitaire in the time it takes for Windows/IE to think about pulling up the home page at the start of my session.

As for those tosser programmers who actually think that virtual memory is a great idea to use all the time - they need beating over the head with a large brick until they think about what they are doing.

And I won't mention that the Lunar Module was landed on the moon using a computer with 36K (that's K!) of memory and a process running at 1MHz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Seriously guys, where is this a) funny b) cool c) a video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with Nigella.

But I'd be thinking of Wilma.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    And I won't mention that the Lunar Module was landed on the moon using a computer with 36K (that's K!) of memory and a process running at 1MHz.
    Which is probably why it overshot by a couple of miles, nearly set them down in a boulder field and Armstrong had to take over and land it manually.