User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Change we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    2014 is the magical year we may see some change. FFP will be set in stone, new commercial deals can be sought and most importantly, Wenget's contract is up.
    Yep. Again the board has pretty much told us to lump it until that date. Then 2-3 more years until Kroenke cashes out so during 2014-17 if Wenger decides to go we will likely have Howard Brown as manager.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    share price will be at its optimum so it's sell, sell, sell!
    No, I think we might even see a big signing at this point as a loss leader for three years of profit taking under a much more lucrative and robust financial model. 2017 is the likely date for Kroenke cash out.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not be so naive . We don't need to change the manager . We got one of the best and we may struggle to replace him once we let him go . We will know how good he is when he will turn his back on us .
    In fact , what we need is a powerful centre back to complete Metersacker vision and intelligence . A strong and imposing defensive midfield to protect and drive the like of Carzola , Wishere and Arteta . A good winger who can cross and provide ammunition to Giroud to head the ball home . Another good striker to compete with Giroud . The rumor of Dzeko from City , if true , can be ideal .
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Let's not be so naive . We don't need to change the manager . We got one of the best and we may struggle to replace him once we let him go . We will know how good he is when he will turn his back on us .
    In fact , what we need is a powerful centre back to complete Metersacker vision and intelligence . A strong and imposing defensive midfield to protect and drive the like of Carzola , Wishere and Arteta . A good winger who can cross and provide ammunition to Giroud to head the ball home . Another good striker to compete with Giroud . The rumor of Dzeko from City , if true , can be ideal .
    Titus Bramble, Lee Cattermole and Stewart Downing.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we are building a side. I don't think we can under the current model. If we were building a side we would not be either selling our best players or shipping out the failures on loan to the extent we have almost completely different sides every three years. The same mistakes are perennially repeated because we always have a side that is building with the fate of never actually being built.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    it's always horrible to be the last one left inside the bubble whilst everyone else gets a head start. i don't wanna be rude because you only want the best for the club as do the rest of us but....that shit ain't gonna happen. it's a pipedream. wenger is no longer the best. maybe the best respected but that is something completely different.

it's time for change. i hope when you're ready for it the ship hasn't already sailed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's always horrible to be the last one left inside the bubble whilst everyone else gets a head start. i don't wanna be rude because you only want the best for the club as do the rest of us but....that shit ain't gonna happen. it's a pipedream. wenger is no longer the best. maybe the best respected but that is something completely different.

it's time for change. i hope when you're ready for it the ship hasn't already sailed.
    Harsh

Hes not alone in being optimistic. I too have optimism. Why, i even predicted a draw v Spuds to prove it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    I don't think we are building a side. I don't think we can under the current model. If we were building a side we would not be either selling our best players or shipping out the failures on loan to the extent we have almost completely different sides every three years. The same mistakes are perennially repeated because we always have a side that is building with the fate of never actually being built.
    No, we're feeding off what was already here. That was probably the main attraction fro Kroenke along with the slack in the merchandising and sponsorship deals. The Cavani rumour makes me laugh. Why would you spend £30mill and pay big wages to get a player who is already under a long term contract when we could have just paid the best in the business RvC? There are no big name strikers coming here in the next couple of years at least. Second tier strikers who can be shop-windowed into transfer pay days - maybe. That's likely what Giroud is and what Vhamakh and Park were beforehand. Financial gambles that didn't expose the club too badly and, should they have worked out, profit generators. In a sad way, the better Giroud does the less of an Arsenal player he becomes. That's one of the reasons it;s so hard to get behind this team now - many of them are passing through.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's why we keep going in for 'young english talent' which holds by far the best sell on rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's why we keep going in for 'young english talent' which holds by far the best sell on rate.
    I suppose we could take cynicism to the nth degree and find a motive for all the weirdness at the club. The worry is, they keep proving us right. Maybe we aren't cynical enough and they are one step ahead of us. It's hard to imagine any of this is being done in the interests of the club though.
    Für eure Sicherheit