User Tag List

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's legacy - has it held us back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's become a parody of himself and tainted his legacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has lower quality players than he used to have when we were good.

It's as simple as that.

He isn't any less of a manager now then he was in 1998.

The team HE created has been gutted. Cesc, RVP, Nasri etc all sold year after year. NO manager in the world could cope with that year after year and would have fucked off as soon as we didn't pay Ashley Cole what we promised him. Wenger is a great man and manager. The players are not so great. He's not a miracle worker.

He should have walked years ago and I'm sure he wishes that he did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Wenger has lower quality players than he used to have when we were good.

It's as simple as that.

He isn't any less of a manager now then he was in 1998.

The team HE created has been gutted. Cesc, RVP, Nasri etc all sold year after year. NO manager in the world could cope with that year after year and would have fucked off as soon as we didn't pay Ashley Cole what we promised him. Wenger is a great man and manager. The players are not so great. He's not a miracle worker.

He should have walked years ago and I'm sure he wishes that he did.
    So basically Wenger is a fraud and has ridden on the previous success of graham and rioch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervinho's Forehead View Post
    So basically Wenger is a fraud and has ridden on the previous success of graham and rioch.
    Er no, he built some great teams but all the good or great players were sold and replaced with average players.

It's nothing more than chronic underinvestment.

No manager in the world would have got Arsenal higher than 3rd last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Er no, he built some great teams but all the good or great players were sold and replaced with average players.

But honestly it's how bad the relationship with Wenger has become, that I and many others are question the whole of his tenure. These are sad times we're in.

I do think the question of him riding on the success or Graham and Rioch is valid one, for the team he inherited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's the one that replaced them so I suggest it's poor player selection from him.

As for selling players, RVP pretty much said he left due to the clubs policies, Wenger is part and parcel of that....in addition the mismanagement on the pitch is shocking, poor tactics, poor substitutions, clear evidence of poor coaching and today he blames tiredness when his opponents have played the same amount recently.

He needs to look at himself in the mirror, Swansea have spent much less than us and yet played us off the park and it's not the 1st time this season a club who have spent less have beaten us.

There's plenty of managers that would get this lot playing far better and with far more hunger, his performance has been nothing short of awful.

10 out of 10 for his antics on the sidelines though, he should become a ballerina cos a top manager he certainly isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But honestly it's how bad the relationship with Wenger has become, that I and many others are question the whole of his tenure. These are sad times we're in.

I do think the question of him riding on the success or Graham and Rioch is valid one, for the team he inherited.
    Totally agree, his 1st team was based on Graham's defence, Parlour's work rate and Bergkamp's brilliance, Wenger found some top players to bring in but he needed those other players, we've seen the state of the defence when there's noone to organise it.

His 2nd team pretty learnt everything they new from the players signed by other managers (to be fair some of the players he brought in also were involved in this, but I'm convinced the like of Adams and co helped instill this mentality in those players anyhow), they inherited the winning mentality and learnt from winners. He's now built a team from scratch and we've seen the results.

Football isn't all about talent, there's the mental side which plays a big part, the belief, desire and winning mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Totally agree, his 1st team was based on Graham's defence, Parlour's work rate and Bergkamp's brilliance, Wenger found some top players to bring in but he needed those other players, we've seen the state of the defence when there's noone to organise it.

His 2nd team pretty learnt everything they new from the players signed by other managers (to be fair some of the players he brought in also were involved in this, but I'm convinced the like of Adams and co helped instill this mentality in those players anyhow), they inherited the winning mentality and learnt from winners. He's now built a team from scratch and we've seen the results.
    Side note, it was Rioch who signed Bergkamp which is why I mention him. But yes the solid back defence was all from Graham and the winning mentality.

I will still remember the 49ers he had something special with that sqaud (this I don't think anyone can deny) But it's clear now those players knew what had to be done without having to be managed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side note, it was Rioch who signed Bergkamp which is why I mention him. But yes the solid back defence was all from Graham and the winning mentality.

I will still remember the 49ers he had something special with that sqaud (this I don't think anyone can deny) But it's clear now those players knew what had to be done without having to be managed.
    Difference is those players weren't told 4th place is an achievement to be proud of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah though some will claim Wenger signed him

Yeah I agree, but I think they learnt a lot from Adams and co on that score, those guys had an amazing desire and will to win, that's how they picked up trophies against the odds under Graham. The learning process ended when we dismantled the team as quickly as we did, none of the young players had time to learn anything.