Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead nurse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Why?

Prank calls have existed for literally millions of years.

Why are royals out of bounds?
    The royals are a belong to a group of people I respect the least, they're are fair game for any shit that comes to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously people. This is about some people who don't live on the Internet and who believe (maybe misguidedly) in loyalty and reputation. I find it incredibly sad. The hoax callers may not have intended this, but they couldn't have cared less about making someone look foolish. Maybe an overreaction, but reminds us that poking fun isn't very positive.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it shows us how strong a regard people hold the royal family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervinho's Forehead View Post
    To me it shows us how strong a regard people hold the royal family.
    Disagree. the royals can take care of themselves. this is a nurse who thought she'd let everybody down. sad.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Disagree. the royals can take care of themselves. this is a nurse who thought she'd let everybody down. sad.
    ....and she thought she let everyone because of what GF said - people give to much of a shit about the Royals. I can't portion any blame to the Aussies - it's ultimately not their fault this country is fucked up. It's a sad story and I'm not one of those alphas that think the solution to a mental health problem is just to man up. Sometimes people need help and support and its very unfortunate she seemingly didn't get the help she needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Synti Claus View Post
    ....and she thought she let everyone because of what GF said - people give to much of a shit about the Royals. I can't portion any blame to the Aussies - it's ultimately not their fault this country is fucked up. It's a sad story and I'm not one of those alphas that think the solution to a mental health problem is just to man up. Sometimes people need help and support and its very unfortunate she seemingly didn't get the help she needed.

1 in 5 people suffer with a mental health problem in their life and need help and support clearly this nurse didn't get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Synti Claus View Post
    Nah. We spoke about this earlier. No-one cares that much about this story.
    Replace the word 'Royals' above with 'celebrities' and this would be just as valid. It's a general obsession with celebrity which I think is more of a problem, these days the Royals are just celebs albeit uber-celebs. Were it 'Posh' in hospital then granted the hoax call might not have come from Australia but the same thing could have happened with someone pretending to be David and the same outcome.

Did you know what this nurse looked like before this? Did you know her name? She would hardly be pilloried for it by the public, no-one knew who she was.
    If the nurse was that unstable that she'd do this then it might well have happened anyway sooner or later.

It's sad but it's not really anyone's fault. If you must point a finger anywhere then do so at the press, they're the ones who blew up a non-story into something which made this lady feel so stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a sad story. As said, unfortunate she did not get the help she needed and her family is left in this situation. The DJs are getting pilloried everywhere and their show's been taken off air. Wouldn't have thought they'll have much of a future. There's so many people hounding them and sending abuse who probably didn't even raise an eyebrow when the prank was actually aired.

Yeah they're 'responsible' for this and 'need stringing up'. Another sensible reaction from the Daily Mail there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The radio station is a joke.

The phonecall was not broadcast live - it was recorded and then broadcast. Then when it proved popular, the management put the call on their website.

The same management that have now suspended the DJs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    The radio station is a joke.

The phonecall was not broadcast live - it was recorded and then broadcast. Then when it proved popular, the management put the call on their website.

The same management that have now suspended the DJs.
    Thank you for your interest in our affairs, now rack off ya farkin pomme*

*autistic license
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."