User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of observations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of observations

Let me preface what I say with the comment that I am not saying that the current situation is anything other than extremely disappointing and worrisome.

That being said, if Man City avoid losing tomorrow, not one of the teams I track for my seasons comparison will be even equal to their points total at this stage last season.

Also, it should be noted that Arsenal are only 5 points and 1 goal off 3rd spot. This will not be discussed or commented on by the media or any of the those Arsenal fans who want only to force Wenger and the board out of "their" Arsenal.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Let me preface what I say with the comment that I am not saying that the current situation is anything other than extremely disappointing and worrisome.

That being said, if Man City avoid losing tomorrow, not one of the teams I track for my seasons comparison will be even equal to their points total at this stage last season.

Also, it should be noted that Arsenal are only 5 points and 1 goal off 3rd spot. This will not be discussed or commented on by the media or any of the those Arsenal fans who want only to force Wenger and the board out of "their" Arsenal.
    Make some good points but we need to go on a big run tbh. Lets hope this win gives them confidnece. You can't worry about what will happen in 2 or 5 games times.

You can only try and win your next game and so on. Alot depends on the Jan window too. If Aw mans up and brings players in then sure we have a chance.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won't be discussed or commented on because whether we finish top 4 or not, the problems with the club are too far gone and only dramatic success will see a change of mentality. No Arsenal fan is going to be jumping for joy if we (as expected) meander into the top 4.

As for those above us not performing to last seasons standard, we are over 10 points behind the top 2 so it's scant consolation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is, our leader, once a winner, has resigned himself to mediocrity. It's a slump which he will never get out of because to do so, he'd have to go against the football principles he so strongly believes in.

It even worsens when you consider that a team is not required to come 1st or 2nd to realise massive profits annually. Therefore, the leader's bosses are kept happy even with lacklustre performances each season, as their snouts, firmly entrenched in the troughs, have more than enough to gouge down and stuff their fat bellies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    In the bigger picture, what does that mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy GHELmas View Post
    It won't be discussed or commented on because whether we finish top 4 or not, the problems with the club are too far gone and only dramatic success will see a change of mentality. No Arsenal fan is going to be jumping for joy if we (as expected) meander into the top 4.

As for those above us not performing to last seasons standard, we are over 10 points behind the top 2 so it's scant consolation.
    If we finish top 4, which we probably will because fortune seems to favour us when it comes to getting top 4 you can bet your house on the fact Wenger will be proud and use that as a stick to beat the fans with.

He'll basically think everything is perfect and nothing needs to change and that my friend is a depressing thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not in complete meltdown that's true, but even though we're relatively close to 3rd, our performances on the pitch and lack of squad depth is the reason why people are so concerned. We've got a huge January coming up, with games against City, Liverpool and Chelsea, and I don't think we have a good enough squad to cope with those games. So even though we're within distance of the top 4, after January we could very well be languishing in mid table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most pertinent observation is that we are AGAIN not looking like we will threaten the two manchesters for the title. We are a football club either for its fans or we are a fraud organisation. The fans who want Wenger to leave want him to go because he has NOT even shown that he wants to win or will learn from past mistakes and effect the changes needed to win. The club is not supposed to exist simply to keep Wenger happy and in coin. Every other manager in the EPL is under pressure either to win things, improve on last years performance, or stay in the league. Only Wenger it seems has no targets at all.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 08-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Chrizimas View Post
    If we finish top 4, which we probably will because fortune seems to favour us when it comes to getting top 4 you can bet your house on the fact Wenger will be proud and use that as a stick to beat the fans with.

He'll basically think everything is perfect and nothing needs to change and that my friend is a depressing thought.
    I'm sorry we ruined your weekend by winning.