User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Weekend Games 22nd/23rd December

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    According to a former Premier League physio there could have been serious damage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...iams-kick.html (Unfortunately from the Mail)

you can also have a chance of being killed by having some nutter kung fu kick you in the face with football boots on, or kicking a football boot into your face. fergie claims that this could have killed him and was worse thing to happen on a pitch for years and years, yet he happily kicked a boot into one of his players face, which caused more damage, and wasnt far away from blinding beckham then a ball to the head.

if there is a chance a ball to the head could kill, then take heading out of football and introduce a rule saying the ball isnt allowed above shoulder height.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy GHELmas View Post
    If you get a ball belted at you from point blank without being prepared for it, you probably could sustain a neck injury.

However Fergie's comments are absurd and it's RVC which means it's pretty funny tbf.
    Pretty much. I can see why Ferguson and co are angry. Still, its RVC so its funny as fuck

Had he still been at Arsenal and that happened, he'd be out for at least 4 months

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    if there is a chance a ball to the head could kill, then take heading out of football and introduce a rule saying the ball isnt allowed above shoulder height.
    You cant tell the difference between a header and what Williams did to RVC?

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it's an overreaction from ORN, but it's all part of his attempt to distract from his team's poor performance, not least Rooney who by all accounts had a shocker. And by the look of things it's working as well. He believes it no more than anyone else. He's right to be angry, but "he could have been killed, won't someone please think of the children" routine is a bit far. Just as it's a bit of a stretch to sarcastically suggesting banning headers.

That's not to say I don't think it wasn't deliberate though, because it probably was. At the very least if I'd accidentally smashed someone in the head from a yard I'd be immediately apologetic, not confrontational. And it's not exactly good timing what with his quotes about Suarez; it doesn't exactly cast him as a "he's not like that" kind of guy, in fact he seems like a complete dick.

But as he picked his target well, I say congratulations. You're the envy of many millions.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 24-12-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas Is Boss View Post
    Of course it's an overreaction from ORN, but it's all part of his attempt to distract from his team's poor performance, not least Rooney who by all accounts had a shocker. And by the look of things it's working as well. He believes it no more than anyone else. He's right to be angry, but "he could have been killed, won't someone please think of the children" routine is a bit far. Just as it's a bit of a stretch to sarcastically suggesting banning headers.

That's not to say I don't think it wasn't deliberate though, because it probably was. At the very least if I'd accidentally smashed someone in the head from a yard I'd be immediately apologetic, not confrontational. And it's not exactly good timing what with his quotes about Suarez; it doesn't exactly cast him as a "he's not like that" kind of guy, in fact he seems like a complete dick.

But as he picked his target well, I say congratulations. You're the envy of many millions.
    Very, Very good point.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    you can also have a chance of being killed by having some nutter kung fu kick you in the face with football boots on, or kicking a football boot into your face. fergie claims that this could have killed him and was worse thing to happen on a pitch for years and years, yet he happily kicked a boot into one of his players face, which caused more damage, and wasnt far away from blinding beckham then a ball to the head.

Fergie was a tit and we all know he is, I don't think Williams meant it, but it was not nice thing to happen. Not that i agree With RVC Reaction either.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 24-12-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier's xmas twist View Post
    Fergie was a tit and we all know he is, I don't think Jones meant it, but it was not nice thing to happen. Not that i agree With RVC Reaction either.
    Jones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Jones?
    Meant Williams.