User Tag List

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Match Reaction v Wigan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points. I do not, however, subscribe to the notion that we couldn't compete or win the title since the introduction of petro billions. The Mancs have done it repeatedly without breaking bank; though people will quickly point out that they have the genius SAF, but Wenger used to be hailed as such too, right? At what point was he no longer a genius? Was it when it became convenient to his faithful legion?

Last season, we closed in on Spurs from 10 points adrift and overtook them. At this point we were 10 points adrift of City and then we began to stagnate, drawing and losing to pubbers, thereby allowing them and the Mancs to pull comfortably away. Why is it we can press for 3rd/4th when required, but not for the ultimate placing? it is after all a CL spot too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    So its Deins fault now that Wenger has lost his desire to win?. Poor him. Ha`snt stopped Wumger upping his take home pay after each successive season of failure. Dearie me!. These AKB`s . What will they think of next to excuse the great Messiah. I think we should get our CEO to lobby hard to get the EPL make an official trophy for 4th place. That should shut up all the Wenger detractors.
    No its not Dein's fault, however he was the one Wenger seemed to listen to, Since he has gone its clear Wenger has become more stubborn and seems won't listen to anyone. If Dein came back he'd give Wenger that push he needs.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont think too highly of Dein but he has to be better than Gazidis so Must Get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Definitely should have been 3 back to back titles from 01-04, we were head and shoulders above Utd at that time.
    Can't disagree with this, the mentality of these teams is the same as the mentality now, only diffence is we had players who could win us the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh-ry Christmas View Post
    I agree with this actually. One of Wenger's failings back in the day was resting on his laurels when he had a title winning side. Fergie never does that, he always looks to improve and push on. We should have won three in a row by winning it in 2003, we were 5 points clear with 9 games left that year and then went on a poor run which messed it up.
    It shows alot now, with the way the team plays games, we have one good half go 2-0 up then rest and then end up losing all drawing games.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Dont think too highly of Dein but he has to be better than Gazidis so Must Get
    Same actually, can't really stand the guy, but he make sure the club shows ambition rather then settle for 4th place.