User Tag List

Page 1058 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 585589581008104810561057105810591060 LastLast
Results 10,571 to 10,580 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The was Giroud is playing I am more than happy with him as our first choice CF, but there is no guarantee he can keep up the form over the whole season. We need someone to challenge him for that first team place. Our squad is brimming with creators but we only have a handful of consistent goalscorers. Podolski is an option but he hasn't really done well for us as the main striker in a 4-3-3. Bendtner two or three steps down from Giroud and Sanogo is still in nappies.

It doesn't have to necessarily be someone of Suarez or Lewandowski's ilk, but I'd prefer someone with a proven goalscoring track record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a question of doing better than Giroud - it's doing better than Bendtner as a second option. If we're serious about competing on all levels then, really, we need two players who are at least at Giroud's level - at the moment we have one, and that's not enough. I don't see that having a second top CF to choose from should be any great problem for Giroud - if anything it should be an asset?! At the top level you're looking at nearly 70 games a season for club and country, and that's a hell of a lot of pressure to heap on one player in terms of fitness, form, and suitability for all opponents.

I know we have other players who can fill in when needed, but, for me, Walcott and Podolski aren't really physically built for the lone CF role, Sanogo is a long-term gamble who we can't be relying on yet, and that pretty much leaves Bendtner - I don't want to be too harsh on the lad, because he looks like he's genuinely trying to sort himself out, but ultimately he doesn't really offer us anything beyond basic cover for Giroud...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
    I hope he fucks off out of our league. Prick
    Yeah me too, awful person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    Diego Caballero ‏@dejcab 1h:
    Joaquín Maroto on Tiki-Taka: “Iker Casillas has a formal bid from Arsenal”.
    Not sure about this now, Chesney has looked pretty good, and we got Viviano as cover.

Next season ? Why not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Not sure about this now, Chesney has looked pretty good, and we got Viviano as cover.

Next season ? Why not.
    Chesney is doing well because he knows 1 fuck up and Fab/Viviano are straight in.

When he turned up to training and saw only Fabianski was fighting for his position he got complacent. Viviano added fuel to competition.

I'd love Casillas here but I'm happy with Chesney now. Mind you, when players like Casillas become available you'd be foolish not to get them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    Who would you rather get?
    Balotelli obv. Strong, technical, pacey, can play wide, can do stuff Giroud cant. Rather not just get a "better" version of Giroud. That would make him redundant.

Link:
    http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013...telli-signing/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    Balotelli obv. Strong, technical, pacey, can play wide, can do stuff Giroud cant. Rather not just get a "better" version of Giroud. That would make him redundant.

Link:
    Would take Balotelli. Talented, athletics and mental, perfect CF in my book.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post

Link:

No
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert Lewandowski could be available for as little as £7million in the January transfer window with Borussia Dortmund desperate to stop the striker joining rivals Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/28/chelse...owski-4163780/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chesney has played wel at times and made some terrific saves but i honeslty feel he still has a long way to go to be a top class goaly. Casillas as a shot stopper is the best out there but in this league and particularely against us, most goals conceded are from set pieces/crosses and thats where he comes up sjort IMO. Flapps at crosses often and does not command his area IMO.