Page 1060 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 6056096010101050105810591060
Results 10,591 to 10,599 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Thats the thing really, he was all set to go Bayern, but all of a sudden said he was open to moving to the EPL.

I guess he's looking to whoever will pay him the highest signing on fee.
    Yeah, he won't come if he's backup to Giroud though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that attitude he would never go anywhere but Bayern.

He would be good competition to Giroud not decent back up for him imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    With that attitude he would never go anywhere but Bayern.

He would be good competition to Giroud not decent back up for him imo.
    That's not my opinion, that's the opinion of the poster two posts before.

I think he's better than Giroud personally, though I don't think he's as good as we are led to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Lewandowski is available for a good price then we must get him. He's not the type of player we as fans need to waste time weighing up the pros and cons for, he's a proven goalscorer and isn't one of those prolific but limited strikers either, he's technically good and comfortable with his back to goal as well.

Been very impressed with Bif this season but the more options we have the better for the squad overall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    If Lewandowski is available for a good price then we must get him. He's not the type of player we as fans need to waste time weighing up the pros and cons for, he's a proven goalscorer and isn't one of those prolific but limited strikers either, he's technically good and comfortable with his back to goal as well.

Been very impressed with Bif this season but the more options we have the better for the squad overall.

He also provides us with a plan B, of perhaps 2 strikers upfront (eg 4-1-2-1-2 / 442) . Right now we can only play one up top given how stretched we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    Tbh i think he would be a beast for us, because here he could play the role he wants to, to just clean up in front of the defence and pass it on to more creative players which we have plenty of, but in United they expect him to be a box2box/yaya toure kind of midfielder and create everything, and thats not the kind of player he is, sad to see a talent like that not being used correct.
    Nope, hes lazy, slow and thick. No cleaning up to be had. You'll see in 2 weeks when we run through him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post

He also provides us with a plan B, of perhaps 2 strikers upfront (eg 4-1-2-1-2 / 442) . Right now we can only play one up top given how stretched we are.
    Dont kid yourself, Wenger would never play 2 lumps up front. Even a football philistine like Arry would go for one big'un and one little/fast'un. Thats my issue with him, too similar to Giroud. But 7 million is 7 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    That's not my opinion, that's the opinion of the poster two posts before.

I think he's better than Giroud personally, though I don't think he's as good as we are led to believe.
    I don't think we need to be led to believe anything. I would be surprised if many have not seen him play a very good number of times, at CL level, international level and maybe even club level, so we can all make our own well informed opinion of him.

He could have a lot more hype around him considering his standing and there were no real big attempts from anyone to sign him last summer.....and pre contract agreements with a club don't stop other clubs testing the water.

He is not so similar to Giroud that he would make for a strange signing either. I think the comparison is a little lazy. Even if they were exactly the same player, I've never seen two players more alike than Chamberlain and Gnabry, but I am happy for the pair of them to remain......and whilst we are at it, I'd take another Cazorla / Ozil off anyone's hands if there's one going.

Like I've mentioned, I don't believe 7 million is even close to the price he would actually go for in January, but I have thought we should be considering him regardless of the latest rumour about being available for 7 million anyway.

If only for the lack of viable alternatives named in this thread alone.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right I think it's now time for the Winter transfer shit thread.

You served us well.

Higuain.

Suarez.

Ginter.

Bernard.

Roberts. Maybe next time.