User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Games To Go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Just not fussed anymore. 4th, 5th whatever. It won't make a blind bit of difference to how I feel about this club and current crop of shite! They say we need Champs League to attract players but it's not as if we've bought players that are worthy of the competition. We'll be in the bargin bin as usual come summer trying to spend the bare minimum.
    Some how, that bare minimum has turned out to be a considerable amount of money. Wenger has splurged a bit, but it gets masked by him spreading huge amounts of cash thinly about on a coterie of useless oafs unworthy of wearing our shirt.

We are now feeling the effects of this cock-up, but unfortunately, he'll still be here come summer repeating the same mistakes whilst spouting his usual spiel to justify his deluded philosophy.

Inspite of all this, finishing less than 4th, which also means finishing lower than the scum, is too disturbing a thought - even though it's seeming more and more a reality these days, one which us fans can do fuck all about.

I acknowledge that it's a bit foolhardy to put any semblance of hope/faith in the shower of shitte that currently adorns our shirt, and missing 4th will probably hasten Lord Goon's exit, but I can't help wanting us to do well every game and also being a part of the biggest cup competition in the club footie, though we haven't been a force in it and one could justifiably argue we're only there for the financial rewards and to make up the numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To finish 4th we probably need a minimum of 24 points from our last ten games.

It is not impossible, but it is unlikely. We are on course for 17 points if you go by our average points per game.

I've pretty much resigned myself to finishing below Spuds. So perhaps a spell out of the CL will focus minds more sharply.

I can only hope.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swansea (A) Draw
    Reading (H) Win
    WBA (A) Draw
    Norwich (H) Win
    Everton (H) Draw
    Fulham (A) Draw
    Utd (H) Loss
    QPR (A) Win
    Wigan (H) Win
    Newcastle (A) Draw

17 points.

GB

No chance of 4th.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Just not fussed anymore. 4th, 5th whatever. It won't make a blind bit of difference to how I feel about this club and current crop of shite! They say we need Champs League to attract players but it's not as if we've bought players that are worthy of the competition. We'll be in the bargin bin as usual come summer trying to spend the bare minimum.
    Agree with this. In terms of whether we can finish top 4:

Spurs next 6 games:

Livepool (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Everton (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Man City (H)

Our next 6 games:

Swansea (A)
    Reading (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Everton (H)
    Fulham (A)

I would expect Spurs to drop more points in that run than us. After that we have Utd at home who will, by then, have all but wrapped up the title and hopefully be in Cup mode.

I don't trust us to put much of a run together but IMO it might be quite close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close as a lingerie shop without a front window.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Swansea (A) Draw
    Reading (H) Win
    WBA (A) Draw
    Norwich (H) Win
    Everton (H) Draw
    Fulham (A) Draw
    Utd (H) Loss
    QPR (A) Win
    Wigan (H) Win
    Newcastle (A) Draw

17 points.

GB

No chance of 4th.
    now that is fucking optimistic!

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's too far gone, though mind you I thought that in the past when things have looked bad and we've managed to somehow do it so you never know. We need Spurs to lose at least three times, which is possible but this assumes we win all our games which seems impossible.

Things just seem to be falling in the right place for Spurs at the critical time, the last minute winner against West Ham, Bale just getting in form at the perfect time and no external distractions to deal with unlike last year.

Unless Bale and a couple of other important players pick up a long term injury and Villa Boas suddenly gets exposed as the next Lord Rennard forcing his resignation I really don't think we have a chance now. Seven points right now seems too much to claw back.

It seems our only hope now is to win the CL, starting of with a miraculous win against Bayern. Anyone got that phone number to god?
    Last edited by The Emirates Gallactico; 05-03-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close as a lingerie shop without a front window.
    I don't get it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swansea (A) Draw
    Reading (H) Win
    WBA (A) Draw
    Norwich (H) Win
    Everton (H) Draw
    Fulham (A) Draw
    Utd (H) Loss
    QPR (A) Win
    Wigan (H) Win
    Newcastle (A) Draw

17 points.

GB

No chance of 4th.
    Fair expectations - hope we will convert one or two of those likely draws into wins.

1 loss in 10 is a bit optimistic though.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringBoringArsenal View Post
    Fair expectations - hope we will convert one or two of those likely draws into wins.

1 loss in 10 is a bit optimistic though.
    I'm wondering whether Man Utd would put out a weakened team out against us assuming that they've won the PL by then and have important CL games to come up. Even then I would rate our chances at 50/50.