User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Games To Go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year we won 7 in a row, we'll need a similar run again but there isn't much room for error now with only 10 games to play. I'm sure Spurs and Chelsea will drop points but it's fairly likely we will as well. I mean, does anyone see our next fixture away to Swansea as a banker? My feeling is that it's too late in the day now, I'd be a little more optimistic if the performances were actually convincing, but considering we labor to most wins these days, dropping silly points is always a strong possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I don't get it!

Was a quote from Leathal Weapon 3.

I never got it either
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I'm wondering whether Man Utd would put out a weakened team out against us assuming that they've won the PL by then and have important CL games to come up. Even then I would rate our chances at 50/50.
    Can the unbearable happen?

RVP and Utd to be crowed champions on our patch?

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

Was a quote from Leathal Weapon 3.

I never got it either
    I know. I was quoting Riggs.

Never got my head around it either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    labor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I know. I was quoting Riggs.

Never got my head around it either.
    So what does it mean? "Nothing," says screenwriter Jeffrey Boam. "It's a complete non sequitur. The (original) line was something like 'Close doesn't count,' or 'Close only counts with horseshoes.' Dick (director Richard Donner) is a fun-loving guy," says Boam, "and this thought just popped into his head. He said, 'Let's have her say something completely off the wall.'" Boam, who ; wasn't on the set at the time, quickly faxed Donner a dozen meaningless lines that began with the words, "Close is " Then the whole cast and crew started coming up with them. But the one they used came from Russo herself. "This is like some line from a Beatles song," says Boam. "I guess people are trying to figure it out."
    the internet noes stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is a possibility prior to the game, fans should each arm themselves with a can of gas plus a box of match and raze that arab airline named stadium to the ground the minute those filthy bastards start celebrating, killing every last bit of Manc in attendance along with our manager, all our dross, and if we're luck, the ultimate scalps of our CEO, Board members and last but certainly not least, our owner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringBoringArsenal View Post
    If this is a possibility prior to the game, fans should each arm themselves with a can of gas plus a box of match and raze that arab airline named stadium to the ground the minute those filthy bastards start celebrating, killing every last bit of Manc in attendance along with our manager, all our dross, and if we're luck, the ultimate scalps of our CEO, Board members and last but certainly not least, our owner.
    Steady!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    the internet noes stuff
    Indeed it does. Mystery solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    To finish 4th we probably need a minimum of 24 points from our last ten games.

It is not impossible, but it is unlikely. We are on course for 17 points if you go by our average points per game.

I've pretty much resigned myself to finishing below Spuds. So perhaps a spell out of the CL will focus minds more sharply.

I can only hope.
    I have to say, people who think we will finish in the top four are dreaming! To start with, Swansea away is a difficult game, especially after playing Munich a few days before! Don't forget also that we are now very ordinary! We could finish sixth behind the Scousers! Which will not be a disaster because I don't want to be in the Channel 5 Cup!