User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Games To Go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 Games To Go....

Ok. So we failed to smash the scum who were clearly totally beatable and dogshitte Sunday. This has pushed us 5 points below the chavs in 4th and more importantly, 7 points adrift of the scum lying in 3rd. So the question is, can we realistically look forward to holding down a CL spot? I use the term realistically considering the current lot we have.

With 10 games remaining, mathematically, securing 3rd/4th is still very much a possibility. However, I think the chavs will go on and secure 3rd this season, so I won't spend too much time looking at the prospects of finishing ahead of them.

That leaves us with the scum. They are not so good - average at best - and will definitely do their bit to bottle it. Barring two dire defensive moments in Sunday's NLD, where we gifted them goals even a neanderthal could score (and man, did he score), we were always looking the better team. For a team touted to be on the up and up, they were absolute dogshitte. Ffs, we looked like the home team, controlling the middle of the park and tempo of the game. And their inbred fans were uber silent until our world famous defence stuck to the script, thereby bringing those vile and odious bastards to life.

Based on the foregoing, I'd say the 4th place trophy is still up for grabs. Sort it out boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not over but I don't expect us to do it anymore. Chelsea have a stronger squad and are still capable of getting results despite Rafa, while Sperz are riding a huge wave of confidence right now.

It doesn't matter what they do though, if we keep stinking the joint out we have no chance anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we can dig out tottenham all we want but the facts are they will perform better across this season. tottenham are great counter attackers and proved that on sunday, getting in more shots from doing that whilst we bitched around with the ball again.

top four was gone the moment rvp bolted out the door and we do not have enough consistency to get together the run of wins that we need. if that was the case, we would've built on our previous three and beaten spurs on sunday.

nothing will change until wenger leaves and regardless of a summer 'clearout' the best we'll achieve again next season is top four.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're still in with a shout of 4th, then we're still in with a shout of 5th.

Not that it will happen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have blown any small chance we had of top 4. It has already been stated but we lack consistency and to be brutally honest I cannot see this team going on a solid run.

Both Chelsea and to a lesser degree Spurs are also inconsistent but they both have more balanced teams IMHO.

What worries me more than anything is us getting back into the top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think spurs, chelsea, arsenal will finish 3rd, 4tf, 5th. However you cant tell yet in what order.
    Arsenal arent playing as badly as the press would ahve you think. Spurs always tire and chelsea are a mess.

Everton are alreadyu creaeking and ahve now lost key players and Livverpool remain clod in clown shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just not fussed anymore. 4th, 5th whatever. It won't make a blind bit of difference to how I feel about this club and current crop of shite! They say we need Champs League to attract players but it's not as if we've bought players that are worthy of the competition. We'll be in the bargin bin as usual come summer trying to spend the bare minimum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to see what they'd charge for Europa League games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs didn't play that well on Sunday but they still beat us which isn't a good sign considering they can play a hell of a lot better. They do have a tough run in but I think we lack the quality in the squad, I thought it when I saw the teamsheet on Sunday and thought the same after the match, we work hard and played pretty decently whereas they were not great and they still beat us, it should be the other way round.

Bale is their RVP as well, scores goals from all over the place and drives them forward, you may not rate him but he's top class and is the big difference between us and them.

I look at the games we have and sure they don't look that tough, but I can just see this team slippling up, we're just not that good, we've witnessed it all season with poor displays and results, we're lucky we still had a shout until Sunday to be honest because we're really nothing special at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It would be interesting to see what they'd charge for Europa League games.
    Prtobably double, do not forget it's a new competition for us and we let market forces dictate ticket prices