User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Van Persie the fraud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Van Persie the fraud

It's been interesting reading the timeline of @DarrenArsenal1, an Arsenal season ticket holder and AST member with a lot of twitter followers whose opinions are well respected. In an exchange with John Cross about RVP, this is what he had to say:

@johncrossmirror I have a 7 year list of why Van Persie's a fraud, culminating not in that letter but the FT article which was all but....

@johncrossmirror ...written in his name but his friend. Throwing his team-mates totally under the bus. Captain my Captain indeed....

@johncrossmirror ..or the times he was declared barely fit back from injury and was asked not to play for holland but choose to and then....

@johncrossmirror ...got himself further injured. Happened at least twice, contributed to his long term layoffs, arsenal medics furious....

@johncrossmirror ...but selfishly for his own end decided to ignore it. Loyalty indeed, I have a list and could go on and on.

@johncrossmirror Van Persie didn't care, showed it through his 7 years at Arsenal on multiple occasions, but forgotton due to a good season

@johncrossmirror between FT article & the letter, he threw club,team mates and manager under the bus, yes AW remains classy asking 4 respect

@johncrossmirror He will never have my respect, never. Stapleton was a disgrace this fraud is even worse in my book

@arseblog @johncrossmirror has he had a 2nd good season,yes of course. Cuts no ice with me. At least Nasri tried to leave the right way

People claim that my opinion that RVP was a fraud is an extreme one, but both Arseblog (who I tend to disagree with) and Darren are basically saying the same thing. RVP, throughout his time at Arsenal, was either injured during important games, had bad performances when it really mattered (FA Cup semi vs Chelsea, Barca red card at Nou Camp, the last few games of last season etc) or exacerbated his injury problems by ignorning medical advice.

Not only that, but the article in the FT (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/49f4621a-a...#axzz2RMswbqXt) which was written by his friend does the dirty on his Netherlands team mates, surely with his understanding and tacit approval.

Losing a player like this was not a blow, it was a relief. The issue was not using the money to buy a top quality replacement, rather than a rather average player like Giroud.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Both Arseblog and DarrenArsenal1 (well respected in the Arsenal community) have said he's a fraud/phoney. It's hardly an extreme opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell that to the PL medal hanging round his neck. A medal he has been a massive part of Utd winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is one of the best strikers in the world. would get into any team, so let it go!

credibility shot in that article

On the positive side, Wenger did buy the playmaker Mikel Arteta, who within six months has become a true Arsenal player, the bedrock of their passing game.
    Last edited by Kano; 24-04-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say he was a fraud, that's just wrong. He's proven over the last two seasons that he's anything but.

However, I think what they are alluding to more is his blatant lack of loyalty in repaying the patience and faith that the club showed him for the 7 years he spent on the injury table. I get that he wants to win things before he dies/retires but he could've tried to do that with us and not sign for fucking Man U.

Calling him a fraud is just ridiculous as everyone can see he has the talent and ability in spades. The horse placenta worked wonders and he was the main reason we finished where we did last season.

He's a brilliant player but in terms of arsenal, a disloyal ****, but he is not a fraud.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 24-04-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a great striker.

Move on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that he wants to win things before he dies/retires but he could've tried to do that with us and not sign for fucking Man U.
    We won’t change our transfer policy and that was made clear to him after the meeting he had with Wenger and Gazidis. We’re dead set on seeing out this strategy and it’s why it’s near impossible to win anything. We’d probably wouldn’t have bought the guys we have now if our star players didn’t leave.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Both Arseblog and DarrenArsenal1 (well respected in the Arsenal community) have said he's a fraud/phoney. It's hardly an extreme opinion.
    You spend most of your time damning Arseblog as a Pravda emulator, you don't respect his articles from what I have seen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    However, I think what they are alluding to more is his blatant lack of loyalty in repaying the patience and faith that the club showed him for the 7 years he spent on the injury table. I get that he wants to win things before he dies/retires but he could've tried to do that with us and not sign for fucking Man U.
    He could have done but he probably didn't think Arsenal were very serious about trying to win trophies. It's certainly a secondary concern to keeping the money rolling in. We can all see that, the players must be able to as well. Most of our players aren't at the level where they'd be courted by a club like Utd. RvP clearly was, if he didn't think it was possible to win trophies at Arsenal because we're not serious about signing the level of players we need to push us on. Utd are. Loyalty is fine up to a point but there's no point being stupid about it. Forgetting who we support, in the same position most of us would have done the exact same thing. Maybe not in the exact same way.