A thread for our thoughts and opinions on the season just gone.

First of all: Sperz.

I say that in relief though, because the joy of today for me is getting one over them, rather than qualifying for a competition I know any progression in is regarded as a bonus.

IMO it’s been a hugely forgettable season, exacerbated this time by not even having the consolation of good football to keep us remotely content.

Generally our matches were often turgid and tight affairs. We’ve become a workman-like side now but the positive to come with that is our defence surprisingly found a bit of resilience, I don’t know the stats but I’d wager we’ve probably kept our highest number of clean sheets for a while, it’s just a shame that it took our season reaching its nadir for Wenger to be proactive and make some changes, with the key decision being to drop Vermaelen for Koscielny.

Our defence is certainly the reason we’ve made the top 4 this season, because I feel our attack is the weakest it’s been in a long time. Theo and Giroud would often follow a great game with 5 bad ones, they’ve both shown glimpses of what they can do but they’re incredibly frustrating and limited players, I’m praying we’re looking at bringing in a top forward this summer.

Less said about the cup exits the better, they weren’t acceptable on any level.

Overall, just relieved we’ve scraped in again and I’m glad to see the back of this season.

Lastly: Sperz.