User Tag List

Page 127 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1592

Thread: Ole The Muppet and other Manc sh!t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monaco have sold about 150m worth pm talent this summer alone. It seems they are a decent side afterall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United and Madrid continuing their e-bitch fight:

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...ampaign=ManUtd

As if we needed further examples of what a pathetically juvenile carnival of immoral excess and imbecility football is.

Only Letters v Dein-machine can outdo this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only people to be upset by that will be the players respective parasites agents, missing out on another massive payday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good article about the vile filth suckered onto Utd:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...dend-greg-dyke
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a good article. Like it or not the Glazers are businessmen. We may not approve of their methods but the means by which they acquired the club were totally legitimate.
    "Business man makes money out of his investment. Shock horror!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Business and the law. The two disinfectants that can eradicate all known strains of competition and justice. The acquisition may have been legal, but it wasn't lawful and certainly it wasn't legitimate. This is a prime example of why sport is in crisis. This is FIFA, this is gambling syndicates, this is match fixing, this is grubby agents, this is human rights abusers cosseted in their director's boxes, and all the rest. Anyone with enough influence can make a law and the unhappy side effect is their friends can take advantage. But that's not legitimacy. There may be one concocted law that states these Glazier's can trade beyond their means, but this contradicts the array of laws that states you and I can't. But we don't have friends in high places so we can't take advantage of tier 2 law. I have never had an issue with people who create wealth through sweat and risk, but I've never had time for the non-productive, scrounger, layabout types who skim their earnings off the backs of those who work and create wealth - the work shy Glaziers for example.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Business and the law. The two disinfectants that can eradicate all known strains of competition and justice. The acquisition may have been legal, but it wasn't lawful and certainly it wasn't legitimate. This is a prime example of why sport is in crisis. This is FIFA, this is gambling syndicates, this is match fixing, this is grubby agents, this is human rights abusers cosseted in their director's boxes, and all the rest. Anyone with enough influence can make a law and the unhappy side effect is their friends can take advantage. But that's not legitimacy. There may be one concocted law that states these Glazier's can trade beyond their means, but this contradicts the array of laws that states you and I can't. But we don't have friends in high places so we can't take advantage of tier 2 law. I have never had an issue with people who create wealth through sweat and risk, but I've never had time for the non-productive, scrounger, layabout types who skim their earnings off the backs of those who work and create wealth - the work shy Glaziers for example.
    If there were any ramifications of it that werent legal, some bright spark would definitely have been to the high court. I think what you meant is ethical. Yes I cannot go to a bank and tell them to loan me money to buy your house simply because I know somehow that 10 years from now the house will be worth 5 times what it is and use YOUR house as collateral on the loan. However their acquisition of United has not in any way hampered their fortunes, they have allowed the club spend freely in pursuit of sporting honours. 15m per year is about as much as United get from sponsorship of the training bib.
    Contrast that with our billionaire who has no sporting intent whatsoever, could be living on Uranus as far as his concerns for the club are. Even the chap at Newcastle has dipped into his pockets this year to buy players. The Glazers understand that sporting success brings dividends in the accounts. i have no problem with them really.

If all business people were ethical, arms companies should be handing out free prosthetics around the world each year.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 19-09-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    If there were any ramifications of it that werent legal, some bright spark would definitely have been to the high court. I think what you meant is ethical. Yes I cannot go to a bank and tell them to loan me money to buy your house simply because I know somehow that 10 years from now the house will be worth 5 times what it is and use YOUR house as collateral on the loan. However their acquisition of United has not in any way hampered their fortunes, they have allowed the club spend freely in pursuit of sporting honours. 15m per year is about as much as United get from sponsorship of the training bib.
    Contrast that with our billionaire who has no sporting intent whatsoever, could be living on Uranus as far as his concerns for the club are. Even the chap at Newcastle has dipped into his pockets this year to buy players. The Glazers understand that sporting success brings dividends in the accounts. i have no problem with them really.

If all business people were ethical, arms companies should be handing out free prosthetics around the world each year.
    I'm not for a minute trying to draw any favourable comparisons with Kroenke - he's a scumbag too. I'm under no illusions there. Legal and lawful are different things. Legality has become whatever a self-interested git writes on paper and can get enforced. Lawful has a spirit and equity and ethically and socially validates what's written on the paper and understood by those who give consent. There is no natural legality but there are natural laws that cannot be abrogated by legal force, which is in itself unlawful. For instance, statute becomes law when some cunt and his mates decree it and perform mumbo-jumbo rituals over it, it becomes legal by magic (or whatever you want to call it), but it is typically unlawful as it is absent consent and consideration. According to THEIR laws, btw - not my opinion. Ethics hardly comes into it, it has been a long time since the average legal techocrat (which is what they are) concerned himself with ethics unless there was a financial advantage attached to doing so. Which is why virtually nothing is lawful these days despite there being an ever increasing number of "laws". Btw I believe in law and hope it is practised again some time in the future. The Glaziers would be paupers under a just law because they refuse to work in order to sustain themselves.

If you are going to let this slime into football then it's obvious what you will get. The dates in the article are interesting, the correlation between Murdoch's arrival and the abandonment of the regulations that protected the game. Another scumbag who is allegedly a law abiding individual. Yeah right.

Anyway, one of them is dead already and the same fate awaits all of them. That's one natural law they can't get around.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best story of the year?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34606799

http://www.football365.com/news/schw...called-bastian

A representative from the company, Patrick Chan, was interviwed by Bild.

“We offer no figures based on the football. The resemblance is purely coincidental,” Chan said. “The figure is based on a typical German. We believe most Germans look like this. Bastian is a common name in Germany.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw that this morning. Hopefully it starts a craze.
    Für eure Sicherheit