User Tag List

Page 138 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1592

Thread: Ole The Muppet and other Manc sh!t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he came here and won the CL and the PL once each in 3 years here, he would be regarded as a hero.

It won't happen of course, him here and us winning the PL and the CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won't be able to do the same at Utd. His prime years are over, most managers have around ten years and then it's far more sporadic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long term failure is the train-wreck he left behind at Chelsea.
    He's a chequebook manager and while I think he might well win us a title he wouldn't set us up for long term success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wishful thinking to try and paint Maureen as a failure. His trophy haul says the opposite, and it's not prehistoric stuff either. He'll do very well at Utd, at least to begin with. Massive cash to spend. He'llseem liberal compared to that other egomaniac van Genius. And his football, boring as it is, will be a relief compared to the shit the Dutchman shovels up. Nicely set up for him. As usual it won't last but come next May you won't hear many Utd fans complaining.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He's a chequebook manager and while I think he might well win us a title he wouldn't set us up for long term success.
    Chelsea remained successful in the years following his first departure, they even made the CL final the same season he left. His grubby prints were all over that team.

Long term success is a bit of a myth these days, clubs don't employ managers with the remit of treading water for years until the objective is reached (unless you're Arsenal). United made that mistake with Moyes and his 6 year deal, I'm sure it's a mistake they will not be making again.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would though?

The likes of Wenger and Ferguson building dynasties at a club are a thing of the past in the modern game - the average shelf life of most managers is barely over a year right now. If you're lucky you can get a decent manager for a 3 - 5 year period where they win some trophies before they move on either out of their own accord or are forced out.

As NQ says it's wishful thinking to make out that Mourinho is a failure in any way; his trophy haul speaks for itself. His third season is usually a failure but none of the clubs he's been at have completely collapsed after he's left though - Chelsea and RM are still big clubs and are still challenging for honours.

There's no doubting the man's managerial talent. His character on the other hand, yes ........ weapons grade cuntism. After three years of poor league performances (finishing behind us in all of them) it seems both Man Utd fans and their board are desperate enough to ignore his character flaws to want him to manage them and tbh there were times in this season where I was as well.

Edit - MO basically echoed my thoughts as I was typing my post up. lol.
    Last edited by The Emirates Gallactico; 27-05-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst that is true he's been appointed to deliver now and he will do. He's a cunt of a man but he knows how to win trophies and build teams when given the funds. He'll have them back challenging and winning titles in no time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    If he came here and won the CL and the PL once each in 3 years here, he would be regarded as a hero.

It won't happen of course, him here and us winning the PL and the CL.
    Said it before and I'll say it again. I would suspend any connection with Arsenal for any period where he had anything whatsoever to do with the Club.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asked if he had a point to prove after what happened last season, Maureen said

"there are some managers who last won the title 10-15 years ago"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maureen said he is after a nucleus of 4 players

says he has 3, and the 4th should be on the way

Pogba?

FFS