User Tag List

Page 97 of 160 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole The Muppet and other Manc sh!t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem
    Custis also believes that, as well as Van Persie's on-field problems, the Holland international has also caused disruption away from the pitch.

The Sun journalist likened Van Persie to former England cricketer Kevin Pietersen, who was dropped from the national team for a combination of on-field and off-field issues, and says the striker's commitment to the cause is not what it was under Ferguson.

"Earlier in the season, when the United medical staff were saying he's fit, he's ready to play, Van Persie kept saying 'no, I need more time'. That was something that irritated Moyes to the point he had a showdown meeting with him," said Custis.

"He's fast becoming a Kevin Pietersen character at United. He obviously has the ability but there's something wrong there.

RVP ponders United approach

"I wouldn't say he's totally unpopular [with the other players] but he has put a few noses out of joint in terms of not getting back to play as quickly as he could and going back to Holland when he has the opportunity in what is a difficult season, where he's almost abdicated responsibility for it.

"It's a shame after last season because he was the difference, the reason they won the title and he had a fantastic season. But the toys have gone out of the pram since Alex Ferguson went.

"There have been problems with the training because the training used to be tailored to him and it's not anymore. And there was another issue when David Moyes rightly said everyone starts with a clean slate and you have to prove yourself to me and he didn't like that either because he thought he was above that.

"This is a guy who would run through brick walls for Alex Ferguson but isn't doing it for David Moyes. Wayne Rooney is a great example of someone who would go out on that pitch no matter what and Van Persie isn't."

And Custis believes Moyes should look to the example set by his predecessor, who was famous for selling talented players if he felt their performance or attitude wasn't right.

"Ferguson made very big decisions on players - Ruud van Nistelrooy being the classic example," he said.

"He was one of the greatest strikers ever to be at Old Trafford and Ferguson got rid of him because he saw something had gone wrong with his attitude and his form and he went.

"Van Persie should be the talisman, getting everyone going and being at the centre of everything but he's a player with his head down."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post

"Van Persie should be the talisman, getting everyone going and being at the centre of everything but he's a player with his head down."
    Yeah.

On Fergie's cock.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Important win for Moyes. This will keep him in the job longer which is what I'm sure everyone bar the Utd fans want to see.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Van Persie; “I signed for four years and I’d be delighted to stay even longer. I’m happy with my team-mates and my manager" Mirror

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Van Persie; “I signed for four years and I’d be delighted to stay even longer. I’m happy with my team-mates and my manager" Mirror
    This is exactly the sort of good behaviour that may make him eligible for parole.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's only doing it for a £10m bonus if he stays for 2 more years on top of his £250k wages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    PR team's had a word then...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a cynical world we live in.

What desperately need more little boys inside us.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen his mate Wazza move into the 300K's and now must be feeling like a peasant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll just leave this here...

Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."