Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poyet the psycho muppet & other Sunderland shit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poyet the psycho muppet & other Sunderland shit

do we have a sunderland thread? i couldnt find one.

i think this nutter deserves his own thread. there'll be plenty of gaffes from him next season.

and its already started tbf

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...weight-players

psycho canio

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MON

Had to be done tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a psycho fascist muppet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio was so upset with his team's display in a friendly against Denmark's Midtjylland that he was going to ban his players from eating a post-match pasta buffet as a punishment. But Di Canio had to relent when the team bus was delayed.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

PL should be fun with him around

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...nderland-stars

Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio is getting strict with his players ahead of his first full season as a Premier League manager.

Di Canio, who took over from Martin O'Neill back in March, vowed to get tough with his players after they barely avoided relegation last season.

He has revealed some of his methods ahead of Saturday's clash with Fulham and he hopes they will pay dividends in keeping his players much fitter than the versions he was critical of soon after his arrival on Wearside.

"This is a complete revolution," he told the Daily Telegraph.

"We've focused on changing the whole dressing-room environment. Imagine if for years your habit is to use the phone when you're having a massage on the bed, even one minute before going out to train?

"For 25 days I accepted this, because my first priority was to work on the field. However, I've said that from now if someone comes inside with a mobile phone, even in their bag, I'll throw it in the North Sea. They're banned.

"We need to have lectures about why we can't have everyday things like mayonnaise, ketchup and Coke.

"Even coffee can be a problem. You can have one when you get up, but not an hour before you go out training or playing. We give the players diet sheets to follow.

"Obviously, you have to enjoy life. I won't say anything if one day you like to go and have a cheeseburger.

"I ban my daughter from going to places like that, but I know sometimes she goes because she enjoys it and because it's typical of a student. It is all right, but not as a habit."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sessegnon charged for drink driving

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said that from now if someone comes inside with a mobile phone, even in their bag, I'll throw it in the North Sea. They're banned.
    Admit it, this guy is great.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much

Time he came home

Wenger

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio has vowed to carry on criticising his players in public if they make mistakes.

Di Canio singled out captain John O'Shea following his sending off as Sunderland lost 3-1 at Crystal Palace.

The Italian's man-management style was questioned by several pundits, but Di Canio insists he has no plans to change his approach.

"Harry Redknapp did many interviews last year and no one asked why he said his team was playing rubbish. Why is it only Paolo Di Canio?" he said.

"Maybe after three or four games a player will moan about the gaffer and say, "Oh, it's tough". The common theory is that there are big egos and if you upset them you have problems and they get upset.

"My -relationship with my players is closer than you think. It means that I can point the finger straight away and say, 'For your level, it is rubbish'"
    Paolo Di Canio
    "But my relationship with my players is closer than you think. It means that I can point the finger straight away and say, 'For your level, it is rubbish'.

"You think the new generation is weak? I say if they are weak they cannot play football at this level. It is natural selection."

Di Canio has also been studying Sir Alex Ferguson's speech on management at Harvard University and he is a believer in Ferguson's thinking that a manager must never lose control to his players.

Di Canio added: "Here. Sir Alex Ferguson. Point No.4. Never, ever cede control. This is Paolo Di Canio. This is why I'm at top level."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ng-his-players

New fergie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Admit it, this guy is great.
    That is comical. Great entertainment for the rest of us. I only wish I heard him say it live.

Ruling with an iron fist. Perhaps he's been reading too many books about supposedly great leaders....