Page 125 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1744

Thread: Former Players Views

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Load of nonsense?...so Graham wasn't a crook then, he wasn't guilty of receiving bungs....I know it's an ad hominem attack but i think he's the last man who should be lecturing anyone. Yes he achieved some brilliant things at the club, but the legacy he left was a club floundering in mid-table with a squad with a drinking culture.....we know that even in his time the board were reluctant to release transfer and wage funds...don't remember him walking as a matter of principle.
    Spot on

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5363340.stm
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 14-12-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier's xmas twist View Post
    Let's hope you never make a mistake in your life then, because if you do maybe noone will take you seriously again when you give advice. Beckham made mistakes in his career and having learnt from them he's now a respected figure....it's when you make mistakes and don't learn from them that there's a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Chrizimas View Post
    Let's hope you never make a mistake in your life then, because if you do maybe noone will take you seriously again when you give advice. Beckham made mistakes in his career and having learnt from them he's now a respected figure....it's when you make mistakes and don't learn from them that there's a problem.
    Just stating facts. The man is no saint as you make him out to be. And that is not a mistake what he did. He knew what he was doing and was happy to do it.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just stating facts. The man is no saint as you make him out to be. And that is not a mistake what he did. He knew what he was doing and was happy to do it.
    I never said he was a saint, however I'm not going to keep talking about something that happened 17 years ago.

Yes it was a mistake, just because you know what you're doing it doesn't mean it's not a mistake, sometimes you make the wrong choice in a given situation but it doesn't mean you should be punished for the rest of your life for it. Obviously it does depend on what you've done sometimes, but hell it's only money but if you had that kind of money dangled in front of you would you say no just like that?

IMO this does not in any way stop him from giving his point of view on this subject.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has accused Arsene Wenger of failing to truthfully address the club's current plight and believes any other manager would have been sacked for going so long without success. Wright says Wenger "does not tell the truth" when assessing his team's performances and also branded supporters of the 63-year-old "deluded" for standing by him throughout the club's barren spell. Wenger is facing one of the toughest spells of his 16 years at the Arsenal helm following the shock Capital One Cup penalty shoot-out defeat at npower League Two Bradford on Tuesday night and inconsistent Barclays Premier League form. The Frenchman, 63, has not delivered a trophy since the FA Cup in 2005, and Wright believes that record in itself would have seen anyone else shown the door. Speaking to Absolute Radio's RocknRoll Football show, Wright said: "I wouldn't say 'surely he has to go', but it is a unique position he's in because I think any manager in any country in any world with a record like this and no prospects of light at the end of the tunnel, they would've been gone. "People are holding onto the fact to what Arsene has done, and people are saying he is going to tarnish what he has done, but I don't think that will ever happen. "However, it is a long way back. "I feel there are a lot of deluded Arsenal fans who are out in the wilderness still saying 'in Arsene we trust' and stuff like that." Wright, who lost his status as Arsenal's record goalscorer to Thierry Henry, believes there needs to be clarity on the way forward for Wenger's squad. "You hear him doing interviews afterwards saying, 'I have got a great team with a great spirit', but we are not seeing that," Wright said. "He does not tell the truth for me, he does not say what is happening. "What is going on? Have you got any money to spend or haven't you? Is it the fact the board are giving you the money and you are not spending? "Is that too hard a question to answer for Arsenal?"
    Another article from Wrighty that is spot on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post

Pretty much anyone with intelligence above 12 knows that AW needs to be sacked.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    The same guy who only a few days said he was still the right man for the job?

Wright chats the biggest load of bollox ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same guy who only a few days said he was still the right man for the job?

Wright chats the biggest load of bollox ever.
    Again, that was Nigel Winterburn not Ian Wright.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know its gone pete tong when PnG starts hurling abuse.

a toast for the great man himself.

god rest your soul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read it again. He said i don't want him sacked.

Asked by Absolute Radio about Wenger’s future, Wrighty said: “I wouldn’t like to see him go, I’d like to see him bring people in that he’s going to listen to.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 15-12-2012 at 11:49 AM.