User Tag List

Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Players Views

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Basically calling the players a bunch of uncommitted pussies. Can't argue with that.
    All the Arsenal problems came from Gallas, tbf.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    All the Arsenal problems came from Gallas, tbf.
    Nah, Wenger is the ultimate problem tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    waiting for Parlour's 2 pence, seems to say the right things most of the time

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LEE DIXON insists Arsenal simply cannot afford to lose both Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

Fabregas, 24, has grown increasingly disillusioned with life at the Emirates despite Arsene Wenger's best efforts to keep the Spanish midfielder happy.
    A return to Barcelona appears to be on the cards for the World Cup winner, while Nasri is currently stalling on signing a new contract.
    He has been linked with a move to Premier League champions Manchester United but Dixon has warned the Gunners it would be a grave mistake to say goodbye to two of their biggest stars.
    Dixon, who played for Arsenal from 1988 until 2002, said: "Every year it's a case of is Cesc going or is he staying?
    "It will be no different this summer and it's inevitable that he will be linked with a move to Spain. At some point, it's also inevitable that he will actually leave.

Video: We can't lose Cesc and Nasri

"With Nasri, he had a great start to the season and I think he benefitted when Cesc wasn't in the team.
    "He seemed to come into his own game a lot more in a central role instead of being out on the wing.
    "I think it's imperative the manager keeps the best players, but do you want to keep someone if they are unhappy?
    "In my book, it's always best to let unhappy players go and I think Cesc will come into that category sooner rather than later.
    "I said at the start of last season that if Arsenal didn't start well, you could quite easily see his head dropping.
    "I think he got the captaincy as a result of that to try and keep him at the club and inspire him to push the team on to win trophies.
    "But that didn't happen and I don't particularly think he's a good captain anyway.
    "I think it's imperative Nasri is made to feel welcome and shown that new signings will come in to strengthen the team.
    "Will Cesc go? I think he'll definitely go at some point but to lose both of them will be a big, big blow."
    Arsenal began last season with high hopes of becoming the first club to win the Quadruple.
    But their campaign collapsed after a shock defeat to Birmingham in the Carling Cup final left Wenger's young side reeling.
    United dumped them out of the FA Cup and Barcelona ended Arsenal's hopes of progressing in the Champions League.

At one stage the Gunners appeared to be in danger of missing out on a place in European football's top competition next season but they managed to cling on to fourth in the Premier League.
    Dixon admits the picture is fairly bleak at the moment after six trophyless years for the North London outfit.
    But he insists his former club can look to Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey as proof that the future can indeed be bright.
    Dixon told SunSport: "When Jack was 16, Arsene said to me he believed he was the best player he'd seen at that age.
    "I have a lot of respect for Arsene and it's very hard for me to criticise him at times because I know the all-round person.
    "He has belief in these players and has built a team to help them develop. Arsene's seen a lot of players come through and Jack is special, there's no doubt about that.
    "Jack and Aaron could really be the future of that central midfield area for many years to come.
    "With that in mind, perhaps it is the right time for Cesc to move on — for his own sake and for the good of the club."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1OmcqlwDa
    Disagree with Lee. Let them both go if they want

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here.

I want Cesc out anyway. Get back to playing non-passy-pass-sideways-pass football, also known as football.

Nasri has just shown himself up as the mercenary he is. Get shot.

Stick Arshavin in the middle, and buy some width.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope they both stay, especially fab

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal legend Tony Adams has his sights set on an eventual return to the club he loves so dearly.
    The 44-year-old captained the Gunners to two Barclays Premier League titles and three FA Cups during a glorious career at Highbury and is seemingly destined to eventually make his way back to north London in some capacity.
    Adams is currently the manager of Azerbaijan Premier League side Gabala FC in an attempt to rebuild his managerial career which was, perhaps, unfairly damaged during a brief spell with Portsmouth.
    However, should the former England skipper eventually receive a call from his former club, then Adams would jump at the chance - but only if he was offered the top job.

“I would love to go back to Arsenal one day, but not as No 2 or a defensive coach. Arsene Wenger would not let me do enough," he joked.
    "He does all the coaching, so I don’t think I could work under him. It’s a tougher job at Gabala than at Arsenal.”
    He added: “Arsene is a magnificent physiologist and psychologist. And he is a lovely man, he has the respect of most of the players he has worked with.”
    http://www.givemefootball.com/premie...targets-return

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mention of Clichy from Dixon. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Emirates tour, John Radford said that he and the others from the '71 crowd that attend the matches felt that after Patrick Vieira left, we were missing something and that we need a similar enforcer and hard man in the middle to drive the team both on and off the pitch. (Peter Storey was with him at the time and nodded agreement. For the youngsters, Peter Storey enjoyed a justified reputation as someone .. .. .. well, someone other players from other teams would not piss about with.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just googled Peter Storey and this was top of the list!!!!!!!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle600863.html

King of the hard men Peter Storey has warned Arsene Wenger he can’t win the title again without curing Arsenal’s “soft centre.”

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz1P4AUt3Tf