Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Players Views

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is spot on with everything bar this

"I do like him; he's settled into the team [and] come in off the back of some Arsenal legends like Oleg Luzhny and Pal Lydersen
    Surely hes been misquoted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    He is spot on with everything bar this

Surely hes been misquoted?

Good lad

I remember interviews with him on old video season highlights. Always taking the piss.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BBC pundit, who made his name as part of a formidable defence with the Gunners in the 1990s, believes the England international could be the perfect summer addition at the Emirates this summer.

With Tottenham Hotspur also keen to bring the West Ham United midfielder to north London, competition for the player is likely to be fierce, but Dixon believes Wenger should put some of his available resources towards landing the Npower Championship player.

?

“I like Scott Parker and *always liked him from his time at *Charlton and Chelsea. He goes about his business in a workman-like way and that is not to say he hasn’t got other aspects to his game," Dixon told the Daily Star.

"I think if you had *taken his performances in a West Ham shirt last season, put them in an Arsenal shirt and replicated those *displays, my old team would have got *another ten points or so.

“I think the way he plays the game would suit Arsenal’s style, to allow the more attacking players to flourish ahead of him.”

?

?

Lee Dixon

I think the way he plays the game would suit Arsenal’s style

Bringing the 30-year-old to the club would see Parker lining-up with compatriot Jack Wilsher and Welshman Aaron Ramsey in a midfield three that excites Dixon should skipper Cesc Fabregas leave the club.

“You have got to do everything in your power to try to see if Fabregas will stay because he is such a talented player," the Arsenal veteran continued.

"But if his mind is not there, then you let him go as far as I am concerned. In Ramsey and Wilshere, Arsenal have *players who can perhaps do a similar job to Cesc, so if his mind is not there and he does leave, I don’t think you have to sign another player like Fabregas to progress the team.

"With *Ramsey and Wilshere they are *covered in that *department and, as I said, Parker would suit them in there.”
    Dixon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another shocker from Dixon.

Should stick to looking dreamily at Hansen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray Parlour has claimed that Scott Parker is the answer to Arsenal’s midfield problems, not Joey Barton.
    Speculation has suggested that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is ready to swoop for Newcastle midfielder Barton in an attempt to give his side the bite they lacked in midfield.
    But Parlour, who played in three Premier League winning sides for Wenger, has told talkSPORT that they should turn their attention to West Ham’s combative captain Parker.
    Speaking to the Weekend Sports Breakfast: “They do need strength in the midfield but I’d go for Scotty Parker.
    “Scotty has proved that he can do it internationally and I think he’d fit in very easily and it would be a great move as well.
    “He’s got all you need from a midfield player. He breaks things up, he’s a good tackler, he drives things on as he has done for West Ham. He’s been a one-man-team for West Ham this season so I would pick him.
    “Joey Barton has knuckled down a bit better but he’s been playing on the right-hand side for Newcastle but for me the way Arsenal play I think Parker would fit in perfectly in that holding role in front of the back four.
    “He’s not going to get up and down like he used to but he’s got the experience now and he’s been at some big clubs.”
    Parlour also highlighted out-of-favour Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe as another player who could strengthen the side.
    “I know they are linked with Jermain Defoe and he would be a good signing for Arsenal,” he added.
    “They create so many chances that if you get a fox-in-the-box then I’m sure he’d bang in a load of goals for Arsenal.
    “I don’t think the Tottenham fans will like it but that’s football these days.”
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...ker-not-barton

Parlour

Not so sure about Defoe though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Scotty has proved that he can do it internationally
    No he hasn't.

He’s got all you need from a midfield player.
    No he hasn't.

He’s been a one-man-team for West Ham this season
    A team that got relegated.

he’s been at some big clubs.
    One big club, for whom he was shit.

I know they are linked with Jermain Defoe and he would be a good signing for Arsenal.
    No he wouldn't.

The moral of the story is: ex-players should not speak.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parlour and Dixon

Speaking sense as only they can.

Parker is a must get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parker is such an obvious buy that you can guarantee we won't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    Parker is such an obvious buy that you can guarantee we won't.
    Exactly what we need, available, affordable and a good player.

Wenger will go for some french/african nobody though

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Arsenal favourite Ray Parlour has called on Arsene Wenger to sign West Ham’s wantaway midfielder Scott Parker.

Parker’s consistently exceptional performances in the Premier League last season earned him the Football Writers’ Association player of the year award in spite of the Hammers’ relegation to the Championship.

Arsenal’s collapse in the final few months of the campaign caused some to question the whether Wenger’s current crop have the experience and grit required to end their six-year trophy drought – qualities Parlour believes Parker possesses in abundance.

The former Gunners midfielder is adamant the Englandinternational should be Wenger’s top target, although he admits the squad also needs strengthening in defence and attack.

“Scott Parker is going at West Ham, bring him in, he’d be excellent just in front of the back four and there’s an opportunity to get him,” Parlour told talkSPORT.

“They also need somebody at the back who can play centre-half, a real stopper like a SolCampbell, who puts his body there and makes sure Arsenal don’t concede goals.

“If they can get someone like that it would be excellent. They also need a striker as well but they’ve got a decent squad and they’ll have a chance.

“Every Arsenal fan out there who is a little bit worried, don’t panic just yet as there’s a long way to go before the start of the season.

“I’m just hoping they can find that right player or right players to really push them to challenge Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool who will be strong next year.”

Parlour also suggests it might be a good idea for his old club to cash in on captain Cesc Fabregas, who is wanted by Barcelona, and reinvest the money back into the team, although he believes Samir Nasri cannot be allowed to follow the Spaniard through the exit door.

“Maybe they should take [Barcelona’s proposed deal for Fabregas] and put the money elsewhere in the squad,” he added.

“I do think it’s important though to keep Samir Nasri and it would be a disaster if they lose both of them.

“If you lose Fabregas, maybe Nasri can step in and play the role that Cesc does just behind the front two.”
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...-beef-up-their

Parlour

Apart from telling Arsenal fans not to worry cos there is a long way to go before the season starts. That may be true but pre season is nearly among us