User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: did we give Carlos Vela a proper chance?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wonga View Post
    Yeah he didn't clearly, that's probably due to the position he was played in and how little game time he was getting.
    Thus he has made the right decision for his career but I wouldn't put it as though we've missed the boat on him or anything. There are players that we could get that are better than him, though he has played very well for Real Sociedad over the last two seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our loss at the end of the day, not his.
    Hardly. With all the best will in the world, it's not likely to come back to haunt us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Thus he has made the right decision for his career but I wouldn't put it as though we've missed the boat on him or anything. There are players that we could get that are better than him, though he has played very well for Real Sociedad over the last two seasons.
    I'd say he's pretty good these days, as for the players better than him, we'll never get them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly. With all the best will in the world, it's not likely to come back to haunt us.
    Well it is because he was a quality player who was ours and is better than what we have, if he was ours he would have been very useful right now. Whereas for him he's at CL club, playing regularly in a nice country with great weather and beautiful women. I'd say he got the better end of the deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we went through alot to get him here, ie loaning him out to rack up his games for a permit iirc and when he finally did arrive, I'm not really sure why, could of been the league itself as the La Liga is much weaker. I'd have him back for our bench that's for sure though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say he's pretty good these days, as for the players better than him, we'll never get them.
    We aren't going to extract those kind of performances if he was going to be unhappy here, it's fairly unlikely he's going to be play ahead of Theo, plus Wenger loves his big tall strikers up front. I remember the same argument was put forward about Aliadiere and though he has resurrected his career to some extent, it's not like it's a baffling one to let him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Well we went through alot to get him here, ie loaning him out to rack up his games for a permit iirc and when he finally did arrive, I'm not really sure why, could of been the league itself as the La Liga is much weaker. I'd have him back for our bench that's for sure though.
    I think it was also a confidence thing, never got a run of games, he use to get half games and the odd game here and there usually in the wrong position, you can't get any form going that way you need a run of games, bad management IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We aren't going to extract those kind of performances if he was going to be unhappy here, it's fairly unlikely he's going to be play ahead of Theo, plus Wenger loves his big tall strikers up front. I remember the same argument was put forward about Aliadiere and though he has resurrected his career to some extent, it's not like it's a baffling one to let him go.
    That's the problem, if he doesn't fit into a certain mould Wenger doesn't like them, kinda explains why we haven't won a thing in 8 years...clearly the Wenger mould players aren't working, not that you'd expect him to acknowledge that, as he's unable to spot basic flaws in his methodology either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is vela better then van persie, chamkh, podolski, giroud and walcott?

answer. maybe chamkh but the rest are better. so why do we need him? he failed in england. and not jsut at Arsenal. he went to west brom on loan and failed there. cant blame wenger for that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it is because he was a quality player who was ours and is better than what we have, if he was ours he would have been very useful right now. Whereas for him he's at CL club, playing regularly in a nice country with great weather and beautiful women. I'd say he got the better end of the deal.
    What a ludicrous second sentence. Even if he is in a nice country with great weather (and I suppose he is) and beautiful women, what are we supposed to do, bring in some cheerleaders from the Basque country? And move England to a more southern location?