User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: did we give Carlos Vela a proper chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    What a ludicrous second sentence. Even if he is in a nice country with great weather (and I suppose he is) and beautiful women, what are we supposed to do, bring in some cheerleaders from the Basque country? And move England to a more southern location?
    Just saying we gave hm absolutely no reason to want to stay, the women and sun are an additional bonus.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wonga View Post
    That's the problem, if he doesn't fit into a certain mould Wenger doesn't like them, kinda explains why we haven't won a thing in 8 years...clearly the Wenger mould players aren't working, not that you'd expect him to acknowledge that, as he's unable to spot basic flaws in his methodology either.
    I'm guessing what you're saying, essentially is that you'd rather Vela starting for us than whatever we put up front currently? I don't want to go down the road about Wenger's flaws because this is more about the will of the player we're talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    is vela better then van persie, chamkh, podolski, giroud and walcott?

answer. maybe chamkh but the rest are better. so why do we need him? he failed in england. and not jsut at Arsenal. he went to west brom on loan and failed there. cant blame wenger for that one.
    Hardly failed at West Brom, he only got 8 games, not really enough to prove yourself is it?

As for the comparison, he's arguably better than a number of those, certainly more naturally skilled which was always his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I'm guessing what you're saying, essentially is that you'd rather Vela starting for us than whatever we put up front currently? I don't want to go down the road about Wenger's flaws because this is more about the will of the player we're talking about.
    As we are at the moment yes, worst case he'd be a great option from the bench, looking at our squad at the moment it's woeful and we're clearly not too keen to sign anyone of quality, so if we did have him he'd still be a decent option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave him enough of a chance but he never really showed he had what it took to become a top player for us. Aliadiere's career has recovered as well for Lorient while Anthony Stokes has averaged 20+ goals a season for the last three years but none of them are too big a loss for us.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he didn't clearly, that's probably due to the position he was played in and how little game time he was getting.
    He was getting played at inside left where podolski has been played.
    He was good for one thing only - scoring the fifth goal in a league cup rout

Shit player. My only regret is not getting a few million from hull, Brum or whoever for him
    Vela = poor mans aliadiere.
    If you're looking for an Iberian lefty we failed to get the most out of think Jose Antonio Reyes. He was much much better.
    Last edited by Nayan; 31-08-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we did. Unfortunately apart from scoring chipped +1's when we were leading 3 - 0 already he never really displayed many other qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
    Julie baptista, freddy kanoute and Diego Forman won golden boots in la liga.
    Looking good there in no way guarantees a players usefulness in the premiership.
    Tell that to the Soldado fanboys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly failed at West Brom, he only got 8 games, not really enough to prove yourself is it?

As for the comparison, he's arguably better than a number of those, certainly more naturally skilled which was always his game.

and his game failed massively in england.

ok he played 8 games. he joined in january. so he should have been availble for at least 15 games. so why only make 8 appearances? west brom didnt rate him either i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrong I didn't hate project youth, I do hate it as it's still going on, but that has been the odd talent that has come through (no more than any normal club which considering we put all our focus into this is shocking).

I'm p*ssed off we kept hold of the likes of Chamakh and Bendtner and got rid of him yes, it wouldn't be so bad if we signed players but clearly it's not something we do, we like to sit on our arses and make ridiculous excuses whilst every other club snaps up talented players all around us.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As we are at the moment yes, worst case he'd be a great option from the bench, looking at our squad at the moment it's woeful and we're clearly not too keen to sign anyone of quality, so if we did have him he'd still be a decent option.
    A decent option from the bench, I somehow doubt that's going to entice him when he is enjoying being guaranteed a start where he is now.