User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: did we give Carlos Vela a proper chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to remember someone said he should open a chip shop because all he could do was chip.

Can't recall who said it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
    He was getting played at inside left where podolski has been played.
    He was good for one thing only - scoring the fifth goal in a league cup rout

Shit player. My only regret is not getting a few million from hull, Brum or whoever for him
    Vela = poor mans aliadiere.
    If you're looking for an Iberian lefty we failed to get the most out of think Jose Antonio Reyes. He was much much better.
    Yeah and we've seen how good Podolski is out of position as well.

As for Reyes, yeah great player, been pulling out trees ever since he left I see, I don't regret seeing him leave was never good enough, such a weak player mentally and that's dogged his entire career to be honest, he's never been a top class player at any club he's been since he left Sevilla.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    A decent option from the bench, I somehow doubt that's going to entice him when he is enjoying being guaranteed a start where he is now.
    You're right, probably the case with any decent player to be honest, looks like we need a new manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Yes we did. Unfortunately apart from scoring chipped +1's when we were leading 3 - 0 already he never really displayed many other qualities.

Tell that to the Soldado fanboys.
    Er I just did.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wonga View Post
    You're right, probably the case with any decent player to be honest, looks like we need a new manager.
    This is something that happens with many players and many managers. I've got no interest in talking about Wenger's flaws for this tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    This is something that happens with many players and many managers. I've got no interest in talking about Wenger's flaws for this tbf.
    These days spotting talent and getting the most out of players seems to be 2 of them, which is a real problem for us and for any signings (though we don't have to worry about the latter).

There's lots of recent examples of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saying we gave hm absolutely no reason to want to stay, the women and sun are an additional bonus.
    People who insist the women are better abroad usually only think that cos they can't get one here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These days spotting talent and getting the most out of players seems to be 2 of them, which is a real problem for us and for any signings (though we don't have to worry about the latter).

There's lots of recent examples of this.
    true, but spotting talent and getting the best out of players is the reason why your beloved vela left Arsenal. because wenger discovered van persie and got the best out of him. nad his best was better then velas best. this is not poor management, its vela not being suited to english football.

i assume you were completely gutted he was sold at the time, and supported him the whole time when he played, not accusing him of just being able to chip the ball for +1 goals and decicded to bring it up now to have a go at wenger again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
    People who insist the women are better abroad usually o my think that cos they can't get one here
    Or maybe they prefer their women not to be comatosed after a night out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    true, but spotting talent and getting the best out of players is the reason why your beloved vela left Arsenal. because wenger discovered van persie and got the best out of him. nad his best was better then velas best. this is not poor management, its vela not being suited to english football.

i assume you were completely gutted he was sold at the time, and supported him the whole time when he played, not accusing him of just being able to chip the ball for +1 goals and decicded to bring it up now to have a go at wenger again
    For every one player that worked there are a dozen that didn't so his rate of success with players is poor, he signed so many kids and yet so few actually worked out that reflects on him I'm afraid, those that did couldn't wait to leave, again that reflects on him.

I was disappointed yes as he had talent but I could see Wenger just didn't want to play him and preferred players like Bendtner and Chamakh so what can you do.