User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: did we give Carlos Vela a proper chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wonga View Post
    Hardly failed at West Brom, he only got 8 games, not really enough to prove yourself is it?

As for the comparison, he's arguably better than a number of those, certainly more naturally skilled which was always his game.
    That shortarse keepy uppy idiot from the t mobile ads is more skilled than any if them.
    Doesn't mean he'd be an effective footballer.
    I don't know why vela is such utter gash when you play him in a proper premiership match. If it works for him in
    La liga fair play move on

Pluschamakh will look half decent this season. Palace are playing line striker and you'd expect any centre forward to
    Bang a few in for them. He's still crap though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wonga View Post
    Or maybe they prefer their women not to be comatosed after a night out
    But of a generalisation there though!
    Actually maybe not. I'm in greater manchester this weekend

Grim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
    That shortarse keepy uppy idiot from the t mobile ads is more skilled than any if them.
    Doesn't mean he'd be an effective footballer.
    I don't know why vela is such utter gash when you play him in a proper premiership match. If it works for him in
    La liga fair play move on

Pluschamakh will look half decent this season. Palace are playing line striker and you'd expect any centre forward to
    Bang a few in for them. He's still crap though.
    As I said I reckon confidence and being played in the right position for him are the reason, some players can't play in every position on the pitch like Wenger wants, sometimes you just have to play them where they are at their best.

Chamakh was never decent to be honest, I called him out when he was at Bordeaux tapping in 2 yarders and doing little else but running around like a headless chicken.

Anyway he's gone but my point was really that with us not signing anyone he'd be a better option to have than we currently have.
    Last edited by Özim; 31-08-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
    But of a generalisation there though!
    Actually maybe not. I'm in greater manchester this weekend

Grim.
    Maybe, I don't mind women in the UK, just saying there's some beauties in Spain, not too keen on the whole women drinking till they're off their faces thing though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ramsey was played out of position on the right wing. guess what he did? worked hard, never complained and is now in the middle of the midfield playing superb football.

vela couldnt hack it, being played out of position is a poor excuse as he jsut couldnt be arsed to work hard, like arshavin. there are players who are played out of position. ramsey has even been right back a few times, he just gets on with it! vela failed because he is weak, mentally and physically, couldnt be arsed to work hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said not every player can play out of position, Ramsey has been dogshite for 2 years incidentally, it's just that Wenger likes him so plays him a lot...that's what Wenger does stick to his favourites regardless of how bad they play. That in itself is a problem as some players don't get a fair crack because of it.

Never thought Vela got a decent chance, the odd half game here and there isn't enough to get a run of form, you need to play a few games, even the great Bergkamp took 7 consecutive games to score a goal when he first arrived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not often I agree with you but yeah spot on (ollie)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    ramsey was played out of position on the right wing. guess what he did? worked hard, never complained and is now in the middle of the midfield playing superb football.

vela couldnt hack it, being played out of position is a poor excuse as he jsut couldnt be arsed to work hard, like arshavin. there are players who are played out of position. ramsey has even been right back a few times, he just gets on with it! vela failed because he is weak, mentally and physically, couldnt be arsed to work hard.
    That's bullshit. Ramsey is shit on the wing and will always be shit on the wing. What made you think Vela is lazy? Cos he doesn't run like a headless chicken everyday? To say Vela failed because he is weak itself is a weak argument. He failed because he never gets to play to his full strength, period. Ramsey would still be shit if Wenger slotted him on the wing, period.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vela got plenty of chances here. It's easy to say in hindsight we should've kept him here or played him more, but he was never going to get past RVP while he was here and didn't impress enough when he did play.

I'm glad to see him doing well though. He's a very likeable guy and always has a smile on his face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had better players in front of him and never really impressed with the game time he had, bar a few fancy goals in cup games. Meh.