User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: did we give Carlos Vela a proper chance?

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did we give Carlos Vela a proper chance?

Now that hes tearing La Liga and champions league a new one I feel we didnt give him an adequate run in in the squad. I feel he was one of the players who like Chamak struggled because of the dominance and over reliance on Van Persie. He showed some good qualities in League cup games as well. Feels such a shame that we sold him for about £5mil and now hes worth five times that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never got a fair chance to prove himself here, too often behind some dire players and rarely played in his natural position, I'd say he was very badly managed, he was a young player with a lot of talent who needed a bit of confidence.

Shame we never made the most of him and held on to shite instead of giving him a good chance to show what he can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iwanturcake69 View Post
    Now that hes tearing La Liga and champions league a new one I feel we didnt give him an adequate run in in the squad. I feel he was one of the players who like Chamak struggled because of the dominance and over reliance on Van Persie. He showed some good qualities in League cup games as well. Feels such a shame that we sold him for about £5mil and now hes worth five times that
    Had many chances to prove himself and never did the business when he got minutes on the field during a league match

If he looks good in la logs its because that's a poofs league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julie baptista, freddy kanoute and Diego Forman won golden boots in la liga.
    Looking good there in no way guarantees a players usefulness in the premiership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hindsight and a couple of goals in a new league. Doesn't prove anything. Talented, pacey, was mostly anonymous whenever he played for us.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he made 62 appearances for us. i think we gave him a fair chance.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had no interest in returning to us after his loan deal and that's fair enough. We move on, so does he. Hopefully he knocks Man Utd out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our loss at the end of the day, not his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He had no interest in returning to us after his loan deal and that's fair enough. We move on, so does he. Hopefully he knocks Man Utd out.
    Yeah he didn't clearly, that's probably due to the position he was played in and how little game time he was getting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for someone who hated project youth, you seem to be pretty pissed off we didnt keep this kid. he wasnt anything special. he did fuck all for us but score some chipped goals in carling cup matches.