Page 101 of 163 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1627

Thread: Mesut Özil Thread (official!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Gooner View Post
    La Liga is pretty shit when you exempt the top 2 teams there. So yes, I could see Giroud poaching 20 goals a season against other shit Spanish opponents and thus warranting a call up to the Spanish Nat'l team.
    Spanish league is much stronger than the French league where he had his best season - also he was playing for the eventual champions where as Soldado was really playing for a 'shit' spanish team.

Also as the Europa and Champions league has shown in recent years - the other 'shit' teams are not too shabby (Athletico Madrid/Valencia/Real Sociedad/Villarreal) when put up against our top 8 teams.

Im not saying Soldado is the cream of the crop - but to say he's average or obviously worse than Giroud after 3 games is nonsense.

Fair assessment can be made after Soldado has a season under his belt...with an inferior team. But i do get the feeling Giroud is about to hit a rich vein of form - better do as we got fuck all backups....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Soldado didn't play for the top 2 teams though and still got 20+ a season.

Giroud played in a shitter league and was unheard of before firing Monty to the title
    You keep mentioning this 20+ goals a season, like its his average... The guy has only one time scored 20+ goals in the league and that was last season. Before that he was a 16-17ish goalscorer every season and the only reason he got 20+ was because he started being their number 1 penalty kicker (6 goals from penalties last season, before it was 1-2), if Giroud had been our penalty kicker last season he would have been around 20 goals for his first season in the premier league.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had patience for this team back then. Thinking it might come good.

Patience is gone. Seeing the same shit time and time again would kill anyone's hope and enthusiasm for this once great club.

The signing of Ozil is awesome and a start but we need a lot more
    I don't disagree with any of that, I feel the same way.

I do believe that giroud is better than he's being made out to be on here though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    So they choose to take strikers but then decide they would rather play a midfielder up front instead of a striker. Says a lot about the quality of strikers if the manager would rather play a midfilder up front then an actual striker
    So with Torres and Villa at their disposal - they choose to play games in the World Cup/Euro's without strikers instantly making them shitter than there midfield colleagues in their position!!

Spain are different from any other country in that they have an embarrassment of riches in the attacking midfield area to such an extent that they can get away with playing without a striker and play with complete fluidity - hence the coach sometimes does so.

Oh god - whats the point...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penalties are still goals are they not?

It's a matter of self confidence and belief. Being man enough to take one.

Soldado has been

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    I don't disagree with any of that, I feel the same way.

I do believe that giroud is better than he's being made out to be on here though.
    He's looking much better than at any point last season.

Is it a blip or will he continue it on? We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy moo cow. We just beat the spuds and if we can do it again the 6 points will be enough to finish above them this season. That's the challenge, beat them at their place and tick them off the list. We're ahead in this particular match up, half way there already.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not shit but he's not exactly amazing either. They grossly overpaid for him at 28 million, he's worth at max half of that and Valencia really took them to the cleaners with that deal. It's not that difficult to score goals in La Liga, just look at Vela.

He'll score about 13 goals this season from open play, a similar figure next season before he'll start deteriorating and fades away to the bench before being sold. All in all a pretty meh signing. He would make our bench of course right now but that's only because we only have Sanago and Bendtner, but when Podolski returns he'd be farmed out to the reserves.

Giroud is better right now and will be for the next few years. It is known.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bunsco View Post
    Spanish league is much stronger than the French league where he had his best season - also he was playing for the eventual champions where as Soldado was really playing for a 'shit' spanish team.

Also as the Europa and Champions league has shown in recent years - the other 'shit' teams are not too shabby (Athletico Madrid/Valencia/Real Sociedad/Villarreal) when put up against our top 8 teams.
    K
    Im not saying Soldado is the cream of the crop - but to say he's average or obviously worse than Giroud after 3 games is nonsense.

Fair assessment can be made after Soldado has a season under his belt...with an inferior team. But i do get the feeling Giroud is about to hit a rich vein of form - better do as we got fuck all backups....
    No where did say he's worse than Giroud. You can make your point without making stuff up, you know.

Anyway, Giroud is our striker, Soldado isnt; he's a scum and hardly an improvement on said Giroud, so fuck him.

/debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's looking much better than at any point last season.

Is it a blip or will he continue it on? We shall see.

It's if he can continue to deliver when we most need it...

My god - I got Cripps as a wing-man on this one - never thought I'd see the day.....