User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Official Serge Gnabry Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    This is, I assume, a list of injuries everyone should try before they die.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is, I assume, a list of injuries everyone should try before they die.
    Diaby has ticked all of these already, he's an ambitious fella.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...-Cup-inclusion

Needs to play. Should start on the weekend against Southampton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about our most feared and dangerous player?

Isn't he fit yet?

Also, Sarge Gnerby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about our most feared and dangerous player?

Isn't he fit yet?

Also, Sarge Gnerby.
    Abou Diaby?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...d-up-in-middle

Wenger - Gnabry will end up in middle

Arsčne Wenger believes Serge Gnabry’s long-term future is through the middle - but says he has the raw ingredients to play on the flank as well.

The Germany youth international has impressed when given his chance on the right wing, and scored his first senior goal at Swansea City in September.

While Wenger feels the 18-year-old could play anywhere across the frontline, he says he is best suited out wide for the time being.

“I'm convinced he has the pace, the dribbling capacity and the physical potential to play wide and these kind of players are very important in the modern game,” the manager said.

“Of course he will certainly end up in a few years centrally because he can give a final ball as well. But we have congestion there, with many players who can play centrally.

“I have pushed many times people like Wilshere, Rosicky and Cazorla to play wide because it's an important position as well on a strategic point of view.”

Some interesting comments today from the boss. I always thought of Gnabry as a wide player (one of the few natural ones we have) and some one who would secure down one of the wide attacking berths in the future but apparently his natural position is in the centre - that's where Wenger envisages him to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a shock. He doesn't hug the flank or attempt loads of take ons like a typical winger. But we seem to be collecting a lot of midfield players. Ox is supposed to want that spot as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gnabry will be a fucking beast through the middle, cant wait for this kid to "grow up", vs Aston Villa you could see when he got the ball in the middle how he would quickly turn and run towards goal, making space for himself to either shoot or pass behind the defence. Im amazed at how few mistakes he makes, i know we've only seen him a few times, but in every game it just seems like he chooses the best option everytime he's on the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Not a shock. He doesn't hug the flank or attempt loads of take ons like a typical winger. But we seem to be collecting a lot of midfield players. Ox is supposed to want that spot as well.
    Those were my thoughts too. He quite often tucks in a little and naturally drifts into a central position, where he can pick out a final pass. Chamberlain does it too.

The pair of them are real modern day footballers.

Also Wenger seems to be confirming what we already know, which is that he likes to have one more conventional winger on one side and then a playmaker / ball playing midfielder wide on the other side. I think it is a subtlety and nuance of Wenger's tactics that gets overlooked a little. Some perceive him to either do very little in the way of tactics if not none at all.