User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the @arsenal_tickets account on twitter has a "safe sellers" list. take with a pinch of salt but those are people recommended by others who have brought off them safely and easily. its a good place to start i guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah positive feedback from others is always a good thing to go by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and check their account start up date. most twitter apps will say when the person joined. if they joined in last couple of months, chances are they are a scammer esp if they just whore out their "ticket"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips Ollie.

I just keep the official site's TX open and keep refreshing the page until something comes up. Got a ticket for Sunderland in Block 15 for £29.15 (inc booking fee) yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its easy with ticket exchange for home games, but i tend to use twitter for away games. i don't have credits so near impossible for me to actually get them. but yeah, its never 100% guaranteed, i got scammed the other day for swansea but because of paypal i got my money back. if you are sensible, pay via paypal or meet them then you are quite safe, if you pay by bank transfer, you won't get the money back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Ollie

@ SWAYR - How did you end up getting your ticket?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically took the risk and went along. He did twitter me in the afternoon asking me if I still wanted the ticket so at that point I kinda knew he was serious. He wouldn't go to all the trouble of getting in contact the next day if he was having me on.

My main worry was that a) he was telling people to follow him and DM him just to gain followers or b) he was going to have a never ending bidding war, have me (and perhaps a few others) turn up to the stadium, then sell the ticket to one of us, leaving the rest ticketless and stranded around the Emirates.

And it was all made harder because I had to book time off work, but I only wanted to book time off if I was definitely going to the stadium otherwise it would have been a bit of a waste, especially when I could have just sky+'d the game and watched it after my shift.

Luckily it all worked out fine though. I actually sat next to him the whole game cause he used his ST and mine was on his mates, so we chatted about the Arsenal throughout. Shared the same sentiments which made it easier. Told him if he has any spares for home in the future to give me a ring. I offered the same sentiment for away games

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    the @arsenal_tickets account on twitter has a "safe sellers" list. take with a pinch of salt but those are people recommended by others who have brought off them safely and easily. its a good place to start i guess
    That account is brilliant. Especially for people like me who's only able to know whether I can go to games a few days in advance due to work. That account really helps.

And I always tell the buyer I'm willing to pick up wherever he wants me to go. Much prefer risking 45 mins travel and £4-£5 on oyster instead of getting scammed £80-£100 through bank transfers.

BTW you doing Old Trafford Ollie? I'm gonna try.
    Last edited by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon; 31-10-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    That account is brilliant. Especially for people like me who's only able to know whether I can go to games a few days in advance due to work. That account really helps.

And I always tell the buyer I'm willing to pick up wherever he wants me to go. Much prefer risking 45 mins travel and £4-£5 on oyster instead of getting scammed £80-£100 through bank transfers.

BTW you doing Old Trafford Ollie? I'm gonna try.
    nah im not going there, would love too but I'm working next sunday morning so wouldn't get there in time. At the moment I'm working during cardiff game but going to see if i can get it off and get a spare for that one. you going there?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    nah im not going there, would love too but I'm working next sunday morning so wouldn't get there in time. At the moment I'm working during cardiff game but going to see if i can get it off and get a spare for that one. you going there?
    Doubt I can do Old Trafford now and can't do Cardiff cause of work. Got Marseille and Hull tickets at home though, should be good.