User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go Dubai, I suggest wearing an overloaded rucksack and shouting Allah Akbar in a big crowd. Grow your beard for 2 weeks too. Trust me, it's the new craze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    If you go Dubai, I suggest wearing an overloaded rucksack and shouting Allah Akbar in a big crowd. Grow your beard for 2 weeks too. Trust me, it's the new craze.
    Admiral Akbar
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cripps

Alwful mueslim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ski Banff every year. The scenery is spectacular, and the snow is ultra reliable - particularly at Sunshine Ski Village. http://www.skibanff.com/ . I know the mountain well, having skied there since I was 10, and can pretty much pick out the best runs for whatever conditions while avoiding the crowds. One of the best things about skiing in Banff is that the liftlines are faaaaaar smaller and quicker than in Europe and with better snow.

If you check out the conditions tab and go to the webcams, you'll see that they have a fair amount of snow already.

Banff is near 3 mountains - Norquay - closest, but smallest, Sunshine (~20 minute transfer)- the best snow and Lake Louise (~30 min transfer) - excellent scenery and largest amount of terrain. I prefer Sunshine because of the snow and also because you have to take a Gondola to get to the ski terrain. This means you are right smack in the back country - no buildings - other than the amenities there and no sight of roads. Nothing but mountains - I love it.

Other than at Sunshine - there is no ski in/ski out accommodation - you need to take a shuttle service to all the mountains. Sunshine has it's own hotel - located at the top of the Gondola. It is a pricy, but great place to stay for a couple of nights, but I wouldn't stay there for more than that because it is remote.

Banff townsite has plenty of restaurants, bars and a couple of clubs (Outabounds and Aurora) but if it is kicking nightlife you're after, there are better places than Banff. It gets going pretty late though. If you're after nightlife, as well as skiing, Whistler is a better bet and you can ski direct to the town. I turned up there on a Monday night in January and the place was jumping. That said - Wild Bill's in Banff http://www.wbsaloon.com/ is good when there are bands on. Admittedly, when I go, I don't do nightlife much, as I really go to ski.

It also depends on when you want to go. Banff is best late in the season - you'll always have a tonne of snow then and the temperatures will be milder. I usually go late March/early April, but there is skiing until mid May. If you are planning on going January/February, it can be seriously fricken cold. That said - in mid January, there is usually a lot going off in town because Alec Baldwin and a bunch of celebrities ski there for a fundraising bash every January - usually, mid-month. So there tends to be stuff going off then - but I've never been there for that.

The thing about Banff is - although it is beautiful, you need transport to get to any of the skiing. So it does not have the same ski resort feeling you'd get at places where you ski from mountain down to the resort itself.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. Yes all 5 have either red or silver. We go to about 4 games a season and book flights out of belfast in the knowledge that we get tickets easy enough but this season is abit of a nightmare. I suppose success breeds that. Have tried ticket exchange and twitter but not 1 ticket has come available. I think we will get singles nearer the time though. ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmakgreb View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Yes all 5 have either red or silver. We go to about 4 games a season and book flights out of belfast in the knowledge that we get tickets easy enough but this season is abit of a nightmare. I suppose success breeds that. Have tried ticket exchange and twitter but not 1 ticket has come available. I think we will get singles nearer the time though. ..
    It took me a few hours of trying. You just need to keep refreshing - they come up quick and get snapped up fast. If you keep trying, you'll get 5. I had a quick check yesterday and found 2 in about 5 min. One was a front row corner seat in Club Level for £85 (ish). Which is a damn good price for Club Level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and if you're ever at Sunshine Village when there is an Arsenal match on, they'll put it on for you in the Chimney Corner lounge.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wheres sunshine village?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banff, Alberta.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Co antrim connections then there guess. Toronto is as far as ive been in canada...