Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket Thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticket Thread

Someone on twitter has offered me a ticket, I'm paying more than face value but that doesn't bother me. The thing that worries me is that I've 'outbid' someone else and he's agreed to sell it to me, but I need to be 100% sure it's genuine as I need to book time off work. He's telling me to meet him at 7.30 so we go in together as the ticket is on his membership card, but all of the tickets I've seen are paper tickets. Has anyone got a ticket for tomorrow? Can they confirm whether they are paper tickets or on membership card? I don't want to book time off work then go to the stadium and see this guy has had me on for a laugh or something. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon; 17-01-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm he seems intent on offering to every tom dick and harry even when we've agreed.

I think I'll give his offer a miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of tickets and memberships.... Just got my seasons membership pack through the post. Why do they always come this far into the season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my pack last week. It is par for the course.

Makes sense really, last year the JG pack came earlier and had RvP shite in it. At least our pack has Ozil stuff in it.

@SWAYR - most get entry via their card for this if you book early enough, but I'd be tempted to give it a miss as well. It annoys me when fans gouge other fans. If I were you, I'd put in a better (but realistic) bid and not turn up.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    Someone on twitter has offered me a ticket, I'm paying more than face value but that doesn't bother me. The thing that worries me is that I've 'outbid' someone else and he's agreed to sell it to me, but I need to be 100% sure it's genuine as I need to book time off work. He's telling me to meet him at 7.30 so we go in together as the ticket is on his membership card, but all of the tickets I've seen are paper tickets. Has anyone got a ticket for tomorrow? Can they confirm whether they are paper tickets or on membership card? I don't want to book time off work then go to the stadium and see this guy has had me on for a laugh or something. Any help appreciated.
    I'm going but the ticket is on my card, however if this guy purchased extra tickets during the friends and family period they will be paper tickets. I'm not sure what he means about going in together though, either he's got a paper ticket for you or he's giving you his or another card to use, in which case I'd ask him to bring the seat confirmation email to make sure it's legit. Either way you don't need to be with him if you have a valid form of entry.

I'm sure there are some genuine sellers out there but when someone doesn't really seem like they know what they're talking about then it's probably best to give it a miss.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 29-10-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would make sense going through together if it's on a membership card as the bloke will want his membership card back once you're in.
    If you're not paying him till you meet up and you're going in together it doesn't seem like there's much risk.

EDIT: Good idea to ask to see the confirmation email though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whenever i buy tickets off twitter, i always get them to send me a photo of the ticket (if its paper) with their twitter username written on paper held with it to prove they have the ticket or the confirmation email seen so many people stealing photos of tickets, so they can show others they have them when they don't. always use paypal or meet and pay cash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    whenever i buy tickets off twitter, i always get them to send me a photo of the ticket (if its paper) with their twitter username written on paper held with it to prove they have the ticket or the confirmation email seen so many people stealing photos of tickets, so they can show others they have them when they don't. always use paypal or meet and pay cash
    They could just photoshop the name, so it's not so full proof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    They could just photoshop the name, so it's not so full proof.

yeah true but you can usually tell a photoshop to the real thing. i find it unlikely these scammers will be experts in photoshop. however, then the back up to that, is pay by paypal and screenshot/print emails of all your conversation. if you pay by paypal business and ticket turns out to be a scam, they refund the money straight away if you have evidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    yeah true but you can usually tell a photoshop to the real thing. i find it unlikely these scammers will be experts in photoshop. however, then the back up to that, is pay by paypal and screenshot/print emails of all your conversation. if you pay by paypal business and ticket turns out to be a scam, they refund the money straight away if you have evidence.
    Yeah always good to cover yourself, there's plenty some scumbags just waiting to rip people off at the 1st opportunity.