Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: **Match Reaction Thread - Chelsea League Cup**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Is the Ozil lift coming to an end?
    First 11 is very good, and we do need some players back to give a few lads a rest.

Podolski, Theo, AOC etc can't get back quick enough, as we need to start varying our game.

We haven't been able to change the way we play much just recently, for lack of options, meaning we're getting easier to play against.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was evident today. Chelsea didn't break sweat.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this was Bendtners last game for Arsenal, what an arrogant cunt. Hasnt changed his attitude at all.

I dont think we got outplayed in anyway, this game just showed how bad we need an extra DM and Striker.

Sucks we have so many injuries, would have liked to see us play with our proper back-ups that actually have a chance to get in the starting line-up, so this would be their chance to show Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    First 11 is very good, and we do need some players back to give a few lads a rest.

Podolski, Theo, AOC etc can't get back quick enough, as we need to start varying our game.

We haven't been able to change the way we play much just recently, for lack of options, meaning we're getting easier to play against.
    For me, problem is that because of injuries we have been unable to build on the positive performances. Lack of options becoming obvious and its not surprising that there is a question mark over our winning credentials.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea played that game perfectly. Sucked the life out of it and took their chances.

Arsenal playing with little energy and Jenkinson, Wilshere and Bendner stinking the place up added up to a forgettable night.

This match was always going to be an unwelcome nuisance, especially with so many players out. Players that would have added so much in the final third over a weak Ryo and uninterested Bendnter. If everyone is unscathed going into the coming games though, this result isn't too big a deal.

Only 3 or 4 of today's starters will play on Saturday, so the performance against Liverpool is hopefully far removed from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    For me, problem is that because of injuries we have been unable to build on the positive performances. Lack of options becoming obvious and its not surprising that there is a question mark over our winning credentials.
    There have been question marks over better Arsenal sides than this.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post

Yup, wenger's transfer policy leaves us dangling over a precipice once again. One injury to giroud and we are royally fucked.

More worryingly, the whole team seems to be losing form by the week - all at the worst possible time.
    Wenger is a gambler. He keeps gambling on getting 4th place each season. The only sure thing is his contract. How can anyone start a season with only 1 capable striker. Did he know Ramsey would go beast mode this season. No he just keeps getting lucky, but not lucky enough to win anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a few injuries it's part of the course for us, fact is Chelsea played their B team not their 1st 11 and still won easily. I can't see us beating them with our 1st 11 we just don't have enough up front.

I was frankly pleasantly surprised at how many 1st teamers we players today, sadly we lost comfortably which makes me wish we'd played the kids now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    There have been question marks over better Arsenal sides than this.
    Trying to understand what this means. For me, the real question is whether our team has really changed. First, we had worryingly few fresh options tonight, even against a Chelsea b team. Second, we can make excuses, but the reality is that Dortmund and Chelsea have done us at home quite easily, even when we have been more buoyant than we have for a while. We have been nearly there for years. Its starting to feel as though we are still treading water a bit.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit weird to be out of this one so early.

Ah well, nevermind. So long as we don't lose to Liverpool.