User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: **Match Reaction Thread - Chelsea League Cup**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil was a great signing no question, but it was a get out jail card for the manager and club after a horrendous summer. Our start to the season has been fairly easy to be honest and whilst we've played well and got some excellent results and performances we've not really been tested (other than the Spurs match against a disjointed Spurs team with too many new players).

We coming up to a tough run now and on top of everything else our early season form has dipped badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Trying to understand what this means. For me, the real question is whether our team has really changed. First, we had worryingly few fresh options tonight, even against a Chelsea b team. Second, we can make excuses, but the reality is that Dortmund and Chelsea have done us at home quite easily, even when we have been more buoyant than we have for a while. We have been nearly there for years. Its starting to feel as though we are still treading water a bit.
    It means that we have a fair bit of work to do to build a team that does not have question marks over it. We have had better teams than this in the not too distant past that couldn't cut the mustard.

We are improving, but there is a way to go yet.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the main problem in the game was Bendnter. We had decent enough build up play, but he wasn't making any runs what so ever, nothing at all. And when he had that great opportunity, of which most strikers would take a touch and shoot at the goal, he passed it back. .

Another thing is that our play is really narrow, and hardly any width is there for their full backs to open up on. We're really missing having Theo in the team really, it got too congested in the middle, as their full backs played as centre backs during our attacks.

Hopefully this fires the team up for Liverpool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Trying to understand what this means. For me, the real question is whether our team has really changed. First, we had worryingly few fresh options tonight, even against a Chelsea b team. Second, we can make excuses, but the reality is that Dortmund and Chelsea have done us at home quite easily, even when we have been more buoyant than we have for a while. We have been nearly there for years. Its starting to feel as though we are still treading water a bit.
    A few wins convinced everyone it had all changed, maybe we should have put those results into context until we'd played some of the better teams, just to be sure we're the real deal and this isn't just a false dawn again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    It means that we have a fair bit of work to do to build a team that does not have question marks over it. We have had better teams than this in the not too distant past that couldn't cut the mustard.

Yes - I agree with you.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, though 50% of it, is the age old problem of injuries.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    I think the main problem in the game was Bendnter. We had decent enough build up play, but he wasn't making any runs what so ever, nothing at all. And when he had that great opportunity, of which most strikers would take a touch and shoot at the goal, he passed it back. .

Another thing is that our play is really narrow, and hardly any width is there for their full backs to open up on. We're really missing having Theo in the team really, it got too congested in the middle, as their full backs played as centre backs during our attacks.
    This is where we failed miserably during the summer. That Bendtner is still running moping around in an Arsenal shirt is a damning indictment of our transfer policy. I cannot remember a time in my life where we have had such a toothless strike force.

We have had some poor sides in my time, but we always seemed to have great quality up front. Until now.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it taken this defeat to remember What a hopeless forward Bendtner is or how badly prepared we are in forward options with even Park taking to the field? At least Eto'o was useful at heading the ball away from his goal!

Bendtner being one of our options never even mind Park is a joke.

I was hoping for a bit of a miracle tonight, which didn't happen. We were really narrow at times and I worry we are shaping up for a typical month of November blues.

We are out of the easiest cup to win and I don't think we can win any of the other 3 competitions without improving this situation in January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is where we failed miserably during the summer. That Bendtner is still running moping around in an Arsenal shirt is a damning indictment of our transfer policy. I cannot remember a time in my life where we have had such a toothless strike force.

We have had some poor sides in my time, but we always seemed to have great quality up front. Until now.
    I think that's harsh on Giroud, who has been excellent.

We do lack other options though.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awful game, very little quality on display.

Jenkinson was slaughtered, doesn't seem like the fans have much faith in him right now.

Bendtner.
    All we can do is pray Bif stays fit.

Disappointing performance considering we had quite a few big players on display. I hope confidence is not affected too much with the big games coming up. Games which I'm thinking we may balls up now.