User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: **Match Reaction Thread - Chelsea League Cup**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I actually think we still would have lost with Giroud starting. He is not the sort of forward to get one chance all game and take it and our service today was really poor and Chelsea did score 2. They didn't really go hell for leather for a third because hey......why do that and give The Arsenal a chance on the counter. And they are managed by 'The special one'. He knows 2 goals is all he needs against an Arsenal team.
    Our service wasn't poor, we just had a so-called striker who never made himself available.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    If things don't change, then nothing will change.
    I can't argue with that.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't ever get injured and plays in pretty much every game, then we will be expecting him to play near enough 70 games including internationals over the season. That is way too much for a forward if you want him to be at his best regularly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    Our service wasn't poor, we just had a so-called striker who never made himself available.
    Yep this is pretty much it .

Giroud , if needed, can peel off to the wings dragging a player with him. With Bentdner , their full backs just sat as centre backs, it was too narrow and predictable with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    I thought we played too narrowly for too long which to me equated to the poor service to the attack. Our midfield were trying to find a way through which just didn't exist in the centre.

But you won't get an argument out of me in Bendtner's favour. I was campaigning for Chuba Akpom to play before the game started!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate Bendtner.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even worse than.bendtner playing was that ju young park is still with us. Surely we have a young striker with better prospects than him at the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big game, big loss...under Wenger over the last 8 years this is no real shock.

Great start to the league, unless im mistaken we now start really playing the bigger clubs...

Our two most important players are Flamini and Giroud...simply because we have no adequate replacement for either...

Huge game this weekend...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Even worse than.bendtner playing was that ju young park is still with us. Surely we have a young striker with better prospects than him at the club.
    Maybe this game was being shown in China/Korea/wherever on a major tv channel, so they thought of bringing him out to drive shirt sales ?

Seriously, no clue man, we all thought he had fucked off, and it was a massive surprise seeing him out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utter shit. If injuries and suspensions mean that's the team that we default to later in the season forget about the league title

And What does wenger see in miyachi?

We are miles away from proper teams and are about to get found out big time.