User Tag List

Page 102 of 247 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2469

Thread: Winter Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    On that note, what's happened to Jovetic by the way ? Haven't even seen him play a single game
    From what I've read he's had a lot of niggly injuries. And he's the type of player who only feels comfortable at 100%, so a broken toenail and he'll get a letter from mum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coutinho Is Boss View Post
    From what I've read he's had a lot of niggly injuries. And he's the type of player who only feels comfortable at 100%, so a broken toenail and he'll get a letter from mum.
    He looked a decent player, so hopefully he's injured for a longer period then, would've been a good signing for us .

Also, Rosicky is staying for another year !

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/421579389403287552

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    It was clear after a fortnight he'd bollocked it with Negredo, but I expect nothing less from man desperately obssessed with Ligue 1. Its like Fergies obssession with Scots causing him to get Moyes the job. We should tell Wenger he can habe whoever he wants apart from Ligue 1 players.
    He spent the summer chasing a Spaniard and then a crazy Uruguayan to be fair.....

Amazingly though, he clearly would have known about Negredo and not really considered him, which is a little bit of a concern considering just how good he has been.

I remember last season one of the guys on the Arsenal tuesday club podcast said Wenger needed to get a forward. He then stated that forward should be Alvaro Negredo. They asked him about his reasoning on this. He simply replied something along the lines of 'he's the top scorer in Spain beside the usual suspects in Messi, Cronaldo... and plays for Sevilla'.

His reasoning was simplistic and straight forward and he had probably never even seen him play, yet he was spot on! I'm aware that Soldado was also up there in the scoring charts, but I defy anyone to tell me on a direct comparison between the two players under close scrutiny, that they would have picked Soldado over Negredo?

Did we really pass this guy up....really!? REALLY!?? I'm going to give myself a stomach ulcer working myself up about wasting time on Suarez's 'camp' when we could have got this fella for a third of the price.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 10-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's very good but there will be other strikers.

Defoe off to Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm particularly whiny about it because the apparent lack of options these days and the exceptional price tag they got him at.

Del Boy trying to hijack it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Negredo, Soldado, don't need either. We already have Giroud, he may not be as lethal (or non-lethal) up top but roll the dice and take your pick, stick Negredo in the spuds team and Soldado in the gypos and all we'd be hearing about is Soldado. Don't need either unless we want a direct replacement and I bet you we'll be hearing, "whatever happened to Negredo", in no time at all. That's because he's playing at a circus, not a football club. And circus performers always have their time in the spotlight but things will change there with the next mercenary uprising. Who we really need is Henry Mk II - who is he? Where do we find him? Pace, technical ability, flair, etc, etc. Our plan B, or even plan A.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    He spent the summer chasing a Spaniard and then a crazy Uruguayan to be fair.....

Amazingly though, he clearly would have known about Negredo and not really considered him, which is a little bit of a concern considering just how good he has been.

I remember last season one of the guys on the Arsenal tuesday club podcast said Wenger needed to get a forward. He then stated that forward should be Alvaro Negredo. They asked him about his reasoning on this. He simply replied something along the lines of 'he's the top scorer in Spain beside the usual suspects in Messi, Cronaldo... and plays for Sevilla'.

His reasoning was simplistic and straight forward and he had probably never even seen him play, yet he was spot on! I'm aware that Soldado was also up there in the scoring charts, but I defy anyone to tell me on a direct comparison between the two players under close scrutiny, that they would have picked Soldado over Negredo?

Did we really pass this guy up....really!? REALLY!?? I'm going to give myself a stomach ulcer working myself up about wasting time on Suarez's 'camp' when we could have got this fella for a third of the price.
    I'm right with you. I was making similar posts a couple months ago.

As for the head-to-head with Soldado, that was an actual thing during the summer. I remember Spain-based pundits sitting on the fence re who was the better.

This proves how overrated "technical ability" is though. Apparently Soldado is better because hes pretty on the ball. He must be the Wilshere of forwards
    http://www.totalfootballforums.com/f...do-vs-soldado/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Diaby this season either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    No Diaby this season either.
    Who he?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Negredo, Soldado, don't need either. We already have Giroud, he may not be as lethal (or non-lethal) up top but roll the dice and take your pick, stick Negredo in the spuds team and Soldado in the gypos and all we'd be hearing about is Soldado. Don't need either unless we want a direct replacement and I bet you we'll be hearing, "whatever happened to Negredo", in no time at all. That's because he's playing at a circus, not a football club. And circus performers always have their time in the spotlight but things will change there with the next mercenary uprising. Who we really need is Henry Mk II - who is he? Where do we find him? Pace, technical ability, flair, etc, etc. Our plan B, or even plan A.
    Sorry but that's utter nonsense, he scored plenty of goals for Sevilla before and that wasn't a circus as you call it. He's not Henry but then if we wanted someone like him we should have snapped up Aguero when the opportunity was there, doesn't change the fact Negredo is quality though, he's good got technique, scored goals and is dangerous in and around the box, Giroud is not at the same level.