User Tag List

Page 12 of 247 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would appear a strange move given he could have had Remy who is starting to look a very smart move for Newcastle. Reus/Remy are infinitely more productive than Gervais.

It hasn't escaped me that he is doing well at Roma, but it shouldn't have escaped our attention that the Italian league is different to our own....and one in which Erik Lamela was exceptional in and is now struggling....

Our prime targets in the summer were a forward and a DCM so I would be surprised if the target is now a left winger (and let's face it, that is where he is most likely to play) especially as it might mean Cazorla and Podolski, previously first team players last season are now subs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there's a very good reason he didn't go for Remy.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reus would definitely be a left sided attacker for us - haven't seen too much of his pre-Dortmund days, but from what I've seen since he looks tailor-made for that role (and is one of the few forwards around who seems to 'get' that that's where most of the more traditional striking now happens in a modern 433 system, that plays around a big target man or false 9).

Hmmm... if the chance was there to sign him, I'm honestly not sure what I'd do? On the one hand it would be a bit of a luxury move (once everyone's fit), and not really one that we really need in terms of numbers (not to mention it would be incredibly hard on whoever makes way for him, and someone would have to make way)? But on the other, we're fast moving towards a place where the only things that will really improve us are upgrades and luxury buys, and, if he's that much better than what we currently have in his area, then we really do need to consider it. For me, a lot of it will hinge on who we get as a second striker - if we're lucky enough to get someone like Suarez who can literally do any job across all 3 forward positions to a world-class standard, then it's probably not necessary, but if we end up going for someone who is purely a CF, and outright competition for Giroud (as seems more likely), then I wouldn't mind seeing us go for a second player at the same time, and add a bit more punch to the wide areas as well as the middle - probably being greedy there, but, you know... f--k it! We're worth it...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 13-11-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    Well, there's a very good reason he didn't go for Remy.
    Because we had Bendtner?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Reus would definitely be a left sided attacker for us - haven't seen too much of his pre-Dortmund days, but from what I've seen since he looks tailor-made for that role (and is one of the few forwards around who seems to 'get' that that's where most of the more traditional striking now happens in a modern 433 system, that plays around a big target man or false 9).

Hmmm... if the chance was there to sign him, I'm honestly not sure what I'd do? On the one hand it would be a bit of a luxury move (once everyone's fit), and not really one that we really need in terms of numbers (not to mention it would be incredibly hard on whoever makes way for him, and someone would have to make way)? But on the other, we're fast moving towards a place where the only things that will really improve us are upgrades and luxury buys, and, if he's that much better than what we currently have in his area, then we really do need to consider it. For me, a lot of it will hinge on who we get as a second striker - if we're lucky enough to get someone like Suarez who can literally do any job across all 3 forward positions to a world-class standard, then it's probably not necessary, but if we end up going for someone who is purely a CF, and outright competition for Giroud (as seems more likely), then I wouldn't mind seeing us go for a second player at the same time, and add a bit more punch to the wide areas as well as the middle - probably being greedy there, but, you know... f--k it! We're worth it...
    Depends what Rosicky does too. His contract runs out in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    Depends what Rosicky does too. His contract runs out in the summer.
    True - even if he does stay on (and I hope he does), I suppose you have to be thinking that he's 33 now, and maybe won't feature quite so regularly from this point onwards?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno. He's the hardest work in the team bar Ramsey and still has an engine on him. The fact he missed so many years out injured means he hasn't 'used up' his footballing years yet, as to speak. He has plenty more to offer. He could be our very own Giggs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he decides to stay on, he's a reliable player to have around. His body seems to be holding up well despite all the injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too.

That said, we'll all be cursing Wenget when Super Tom signs a new deal, and then gets injured for a year.

The hindsight of GW is a force to be reckoned with.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd absolutely offer him a new deal, and Sagna and Arteta (when it comes to it) too - all 3 are experienced assets that are worth keeping at the club. But, all the same, it still doesn't change the fact that we'll need to start thinking about life beyond them at some point, and probably sooner rather than later. If the opportunity comes along to bring in a long-term, world-class successor (or even a world-class option in another area that allows us to shuffle the pack) then I think we need to be considering it...