User Tag List

Page 246 of 247 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2469

Thread: Winter Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    Dont twist his words dude. He said Draxler wanted to join us, but Schalke said no and then he tweeted that it was maybe because Bayern stopped the deal, promising Schalke they would pay whatever in the summer
    I didnt twist anything, just copied and pasted it from another site dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some journo asked Maureen why he didnt sign a striker in January and he said something along the lines of "we dont sign a striker now but in the summer you'll know why". Rumors are that they have agreed a deal with Falcao.

I think the reason they havent yet clicked is becayse they dont have a world class striker and if they do get Falcao then we'd have some serious competetion in our hands next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be disgusting if they got him....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're out of the running for Draxler now. This was our chance but we decided the fee was too high. If no other club is interested in the summer I guess we might get a sniff again, but that would rely on the player being anonymous during the World Cup. Which then begs the question, would we want to spend big on a player who failed to impress on the biggest stage? Kalou remains the most likely bet.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We're out of the running for Draxler now. This was our chance but we decided the fee was too high. If no other club is interested in the summer I guess we might get a sniff again, but that would rely on the player being anonymous during the World Cup. Which then begs the question, would we want to spend big on a player who failed to impress on the biggest stage? Kalou remains the most likely bet.
    I still think we're the most attractive club for Draxler, most other clubs only have more money to offer and i guess if they really wanna pay 150k+ wages for a 20yr old who may or may not be world class and i dont really see him being in the category of Nasri, Hazard, etc. who just goes to whoever offers most money. Anyway im not sure he's going to have a big impact for Germany this world cup, he's still only 20 and they have other more experienced players who are performing better right now for same spot.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, it's only injuries and/or the prospect of a group stage dead rubber will allow Draxler much of a chance to play for Germany in the summer.

So long as we have our German contingent we'll have a good chance of getting him. Him going to Bayern would be crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering he would be behind people like Gotze and Kroos, who are already struggling with getting stable playing time. Dont see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think we're the most attractive club for Draxler, most other clubs only have more money to offer and i guess if they really wanna pay 150k+ wages for a 20yr old who may or may not be world class and i dont really see him being in the category of Nasri, Hazard, etc. who just goes to whoever offers most money. Anyway im not sure he's going to have a big impact for Germany this world cup, he's still only 20 and they have other more experienced players who are performing better right now for same spot.
    Draxler's not the only option for the summer, of course. But with the (let's face it) little we all know about him he does seem to be an Arsenal style player. If I was running things (which in fairness I should be) I'd have taken the risk now. He wanted to come here, his wages are low(ish) so there's room for him to grow into our wage structure, it would have been a boost across the whole team and it would have been a fucking watch out message to the opposition. Schalke held the cards in terms of the fee, so negotiating on that was a waste of effort. We had to bite the bullet or not, we choose the latter. I think we'll finish the season and progress through next season regretting we didn't act decisively in this window.

Agreed he'll probably play a bit part in the WC, but if he even drops hints of his ability you know what the money bags clubs (not just here in England but abroad too) are like, they'll write the cheque without thinking too much about it. We're not in that league, we have to run things as a proper club and a proper business. Which always leaves us with our nose pressed against the glass on transfer day. Any chance we get we should take because it's ten times harder for us to get a deal done at the top level by comparison. £200K a week wages from the comedy club city will put and end to all talk about what;s best for the player. I'm chalking this one up as the one who got away.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But is he really the player we want now? I'd rather we go out in the summer and get a quality proven striker and holding midfielder, im thinking Jackson Martinez/Diego Costa and Lars Bender/Morgan Schneiderlin/Victor Wanyama.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But is he really the player we want now? I'd rather we go out in the summer and get a quality proven striker and holding midfielder, im thinking Jackson Martinez/Diego Costa and Lars Bender/Morgan Schneiderlin/Victor Wanyama.
    No, deffo one for the future. I would have signed a striker too though, at least a backup.
    Für eure Sicherheit