User Tag List

Page 3 of 247 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil wouldn't have joined us unless assurances were made that we are going to spend big again. No chance we land a player like him unless we tell him of our desire to spend cash... or "project" as some people call it.

Striker and DM are the most obvious requirements. Wenger's seen what Flamini brings and surely he'll be looking for his younger replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wouldn't make guarantees on signings, we'd just sell him the vision IMO, so I'm not sure that's true.

We're being linked with Pato I hope this is BS cos he's absolute dogshite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Ollie, we're not signing Lewandowski.

He's an RVC-esque cunt who's done the deal with Bayern already.

Suarez is the only super quality striker who's not playing in Europe really. And Falcao......
    And I know Bayern are an attractive club but it comes across as cowardly and unambitious move, wheres the test? The modern footballer is a beta male who would walk over their own grandmothers to leave the second best team to join the first best. Why cant some of these "world class players" trust in their ability to elevate an already competitive side to that top tier. Reminds me of the RVP move, and thats why id never critise Falcao. Top move. Hes gone there for a challange, to be top dog and to elevate the club. This summer we heard Bale and Neymar sucking off Ronaldo and Messi respectively, talking about how theyd come to serve their masters.

Heres what Micheal Jordan said when Lebron James transfer to a "dream team" and subsequently had articles like this written about him http://uk.askmen.com/sports/business...-a-coward.html

"There's no way that in hindsight now, I would have ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson], and said "hey, let's get together and play on one team." But things are different - I can't say that's a bad thing. That's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys and I don't know if they would have been on my team."

Modern footballers are cowards tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modern day quality players want quality players around them - its why I've never slagged of those who have left us to go onto bigger & better things ie Cashley, Cesc, Nasri & RVP. If we want to blame anyone, we need to blame our buying policy, simple as that. RVP almost single handedly kept us in the C.L, we did fuck all to help him or take the pressure off & people on here call him a cunt. Does anyone think Cashley regrets leaving us with what he has won since he left, what has Gibbs won. The signing of Ozil is the 1st statment that we are doing something to compete - finally. We need to back that up with others of his calibre & quickly. We seem to have an abundance of riches in midfield at the moment but we need that in defence & attack before we can truly start to win things. Example, this week League cup - attacking line up using cover players for the big 4. Man Utd = Young & Hernadez, Man City = Subotic & Dzeko, Chelsea = Eto & Mata, Arsenal = Bendtner & Miyachi - woeful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    thats why id never critise Falcao. Top move. Hes gone there for a challange, to be top dog and to elevate the club.

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with BOBN's sentiment but I'm not sure Falcao is the best example to use, given his "handlers" are probably calling the shots and making money off his back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously. He hasn't gone there for a challenge.

He's gone there for Half a million a week tax-free.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the money greased the wheels a bit but whats all this nonsense from the media that hes effectively retired early cos hes not joined a CL team. Er, hello. I think Falcao trusts himself to wipe the floor with a few Frenchies and drag Monaco right there.

I wanted to see articles about Nasri and RVP like the one about Lebron James in Askmen but no, the media actively encourage this sort of cowardice.

Suarez to us would have been pretty brave too. Hes thinking "with me these could win the league" but all the media concentrated on was "Arsenal iz only in da top 4 lolz". What so a man can only join a team on top of the fooking thing? He cant aid anything?
    Last edited by BOBN; 31-10-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    It's not the position as such, it's the organisation he instructs, an dthe tempo he sets the side.

Arteta covers just as much ground, and has been fantastic, but the one drawback is that he doesn't set the tempo as quick as Flamini sets it.

That's what's missing at the moment. Tempo. And other attacking options, who are unfortunately injured at present.
    At times I sense that suddenly Flamini can actually do no wrong. Every goal we concede when he is not there is exactly because he isn't there and a lot of the goals we concede when he is there is swept aside, lol. Whilst I like Flamini's impact on the team, particularly his willingness to constantly communicate I feel like past players like Song and Arteta have at times got a bit of a rough deal. Playing in the holding role, they were constantly cited in reasons for our goals against (despite individual errors emanating from others), whilst people seem a lot more willing to ignore the fact we have conceded too many goals this season with Flamini there because we have generally won games.

In past seasons we were a lot higher up on the individual error count and this season we have done better on that front, so the teams performances generally look better. Small changes like Kos and Merts combining well together, Ramsey coming of age, Szczesny really knuckling down and focusing have helped as well as Flamini. That much is apparent from the run of results we put together at the back end of last season.

I do think we need to start looking at a long term successor to playing the DCM role or the key role in the 'double pivot', which neither Flamini nor Arteta are. I think that is why we were looking at Bender, Gundogan and the Brazilian fella who's name I forget at Wolfsburg.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    Hopefully France will start their millionaire taxes, so we can buy falcao in January :D Or maybe Liverpool will start on a losing streak after we beat them on saturday jinx jinx jinx, so Suarez stirs up some shit and demands to be sold because he wants to play european cup games.

But to be serious, i dont think we're going to buy in January unless our injuries keep going, since i think Wenger belives both Podolski and Walcott can do a job up front (with both Cazorla and Özil, i believe especially walcott could probably do some damage and give some much needed change in games were Giroud doesnt work out)
    I think we should keep a serious eye on Falcao, given his situation. I don't necessarily think Wenger will need to wheel out the same speech he did for Ozil. Every player is different and Wenger knew Ozil personally as it was his third or so attempt at signing him.

Our ambition doesn't need to be talked up so much having just spent 42.5 million on one of the best players in the world only months ago and (possibly) sitting top of the league or thereabouts......
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 31-10-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    RVP almost single handedly kept us in the C.L, we did fuck all to help him or take the pressure off & people on here call him a cunt.
    He played with a prime Fabregas and a prime Nasri. Not our fault he reserved his best football for when they left, maybe he was scared of Fabregas' presence. Also if hed done something in the 07/08 season we'd have won the league.

Also, if hed hung on and played with Cazorla hed have had another big chance.

Id fooking luv it if Manchester miss out on the top 4 this season.
    Last edited by BOBN; 31-10-2013 at 12:46 PM.