User Tag List

Page 53 of 247 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have got Costa in the summer, its too late now.

And i'll repeat now what I said then: Get whichever striker Athletico Madrid want next. The best conveyor belt of forwards in modern football history

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Has anyone seen Diego Costa play ? Haven't seen too much from him, but the clause is £32m, not that out of place in the current market really.
    Where'd you get that clause from?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    Should have got Costa in the summer, its too late now.

And i'll repeat now what I said then: Get whichever striker Athletico Madrid want next. The best conveyor belt of forwards in modern football history
    Someone famously said (although ironically I can't recall precisely) from Barca or Real that their transfer policy was to see who Arsene Wenger wanted and get in there first.

The fact Costa has signed a new deal recentlyish may only means he will cost a lot more money but doesn't necessarily make him completely unattainable. I agree though we really should have spent our efforts getting him in the summer rather than getting mugged off by camp Suarez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to scratching my broken record.....

He's only 25 (Possible resale value for the cynics)
    He's on relatively low wages
    A technical goal machine (22 goals in 21 games)
    32 million big ones only
    He's 6'2!!! So not just a technical midget

Even if like Soldado he's never scored a goal out of the box in 3 millenniums...I'd still take him. Why on earth can't we win the league if we make it happen. I know he may need time to settle but the confidence for that sort of scoring record can give you a big advantage in adapting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Where'd you get that clause from?
    Santa?

:coney:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arshavin was bought in January, despite being cup-tied. So i guess its not impossible that Wenger will go for Diego Costa in January. We now got money to buy big players, Diego Costa wouldnt mind going to Liverpool this summer, so i guess he wouldnt mind going to us either and Wenger knows that this is the closet to the Premier League title he has been in years, just adding an extra striker could be enough. Im getting my hopes up for the transfer window (might not be Diego Costa, but i believe we will see a really good player joining us).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference was that 4th place was in severe danger then. The last time we were in this position we had a silent transfer window. That went on to cost us the title. While the upcoming transfer window may not provide the true litmus test of or title aspirations, it will be a pretty good indicator of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costa has apparently decided to play for Spain....even tough he's Brazillian.

Iv seen a lot of him and he is a real handfull, scores all types of goals and what i like about him is that he's a nut case. always picking fights with others and tries to indimidate his opponent.

In terms of actually geting though, i dont think we have a prayer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Wumger sold the Arsenal dream to Ozil do we think it included the promise of more quality players arriving or was the deal done so late that Ozil would just be glad to get out of RM without putting his own requests for success as part of the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Costa has apparently decided to play for Spain....even tough he's Brazillian.

Iv seen a lot of him and he is a real handfull, scores all types of goals and what i like about him is that he's a nut case. always picking fights with others and tries to indimidate his opponent.

In terms of actually geting though, i dont think we have a prayer.
    I don't know, seems like it would be a pretty straightforward deal to me? His release clause isn't the most unreasonable I've seen, and I don't think he's on anything close to PL wages at Athletico? For me, it's more a question of whether we're genuinely after him, rather than whether we could get the deal done - that's pretty much always the problem with us...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 19-12-2013 at 11:53 AM.