User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: European Under-21 Championships 2011

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Belarus finish 3rd with a 1-0 win over Czechs.

Spain lead Swiss 1-0 in the final. Not long left

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spain won 2-0

Herrera and Thiago scored

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thiago's was a 40 yard freekick apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found it.

The sheer amount of talent Barcelona (and Spain too) is just plain sickening. Better to watch it on Youtube though really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Found it.

The sheer amount of talent Barcelona (and Spain too) is just plain sickening. Better to watch it on Youtube though really.
    Sickening, yes, bur they are running into the problem of keeping all of these players happy. How long will players like Thiago be happy with occasional games, or being put further down the pecking list should players like Fabregas re-join?
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Sickening, yes, bur they are running into the problem of keeping all of these players happy. How long will players like Thiago be happy with occasional games, or being put further down the pecking list should players like Fabregas re-join?
    Well Thiago will be sold or be part of the deal to take cesc to barca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    The difference is, say compared with us, they are playing for a team they've grown up with and most importantly, grown up whilst they are successful too. It's also worth noting even should Barcelona sign Sanchez their squad isn't particularly deep, at least not in the same way as Real Madrid. The likes of Jeffren and Thiago (should they still be there) will get enough games; in the same way Pedro and Busquets would've needed to be patient but they are in there now (and that as first team players when they were in their early 20's).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Well Thiago will be sold or be part of the deal to take cesc to barca.

is that the official word b/c i thought he was excellent in the final (did not get a chance to see the other games tho) as was the captain javi martinez (think thats his name). they are both two players or the two type of players we need to shore things up in midfield (plus thiago is good with the dead ball!). we also need a change or adjustment in our defensive mentality tho but that is another story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuart Pearce has signed a two-year extension to his contract as manager of the England U21 side.

The former Three Lions skipper first took the role in 2007 and has guided the Young Lions to an unprecedented three successive European Championships.

His charges reached the semi-finals in 2007, before going one better two years later as they graced the final.

Things did not go entirely to plan this summer, as England failed to make it out of the group stage, but Pearce is pleased with the progress being made by England's youngsters.

He takes as much satisfaction from the job now as he has ever done, and under his tutelage the likes James Milner, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young and Adam Johnson have gone on to earn senior recognition.

His new deal will take him through to the conclusion of next European Championship, which is set to be staged in Israel in 2013.

Upon seeing Pearce pen fresh terms, FA chairman David Bernstein told the FA's official website: "Continuity is vital as we continue to build our club ethos, and Stuart is an important member of the England coaching structure.

"I know he was as disappointed as anyone at the U21s' most recent tournament results at the European Championships in Denmark, but we mustn't forget the team had an excellent qualifying campaign and continues to produce young players ready and prepared for senior team experience."

Pearce added: "I am delighted to have signed my new contract and to be able to continue in a role I very much enjoy.

"In my time with the England U21s we have experienced an excellent record and my aim now is to qualify for Israel in 2013 and hopefully go on to secure silverware with another exciting group of young players.

"It remains a privilege for me to represent my country and contribute to the FA's work at international level, but also at grassroots level and significantly into the St George's Park development and to the future of coach education in England."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...032470,00.html

England