User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger hits out at MOTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost of Xmas Past View Post
    If I didn't watch what they said, I wouldn't know to have a good heart laugh when they get it horrendously wrong, which is often. Plus I pay for it so I have to really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25212939

Short video in the link showing their recent doubts.
    Shearer is a 100 carat ass!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Coca Cola presents GP' View Post
    Match of the Day is turgid shit and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Why do they never get anyone knowledgeable on there? It's always ex-players who are, to be honest, thick.

Different format needed probably..... Lee Dixon v Robbie Savage - each brings in a guest each - shake it up baby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ex-players should be better than they have been at talking about football stuff. Shearer has been one of the best strikers in England, he should be able to make some clever in-the-know comments about a striker's movement or what they're doing right or wrong.

Not just "And look at him run freely there...ok he falls over, but look at him get up...alright he looks injured, but look at him walking off to the touchline...ok, so he needs a stretcher, but..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is a lot of them are ex alcoholics, druggies and general thickheads. At least on programmes like sunday supplement you have degree level knowledge being transmitted to the audience.

Even though most of them haven't kicked a ball, they are brilliant at analysing football. It just goes to show that it's not about experience but using your brain. Most footballers have low IQ's and don't do the latter, hence why their analysis is shit.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by footloose, the wanderer View Post
    Different format needed probably..... Lee Dixon v Robbie Savage - each brings in a guest each - shake it up baby!
    Wait, your solution is more Robbie Savage?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being able to play football well is no indication of being able to articulate or analyse the game well or even tell others how to play it well.
    Super top, top quality players rarely make super top, top quality managers.
    The trouble is pundits tend to be picked purely on the basis that they used to play the game.
    So are managers actually.

Meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't need to be particularly clever otherwise. With someone like Shearer they were obviously clever enough on the pitch. All they need to do is just tell people what they would've done if they were in the striker's position. Which he should know because he was able to do it. Should work. In theory.

Being a manager is obviously different - requires being able to motivate people and how to improve your squad and all that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Venga knows!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it’s because he’s the lead presenter but I forget that Gary Lineker was a striker playing at the top level. I also agree about the intelligence part. They should know their profession in and out. It’s amazing that they’ve played and studied the role of a striker since childhood and can’t offer any insight into what should be happening on the pitch or even how the position has evolved in recent years. You don’t need a to be super sharp to be cab driver but if you’ve been doing it for 20 odd years, I’d expect you know key locations, streets and best routes. They really need to shake up the show and get better pundits in.