User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Reaction vs Hull (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters To Santa View Post
    Well of course, but we've been whining for years we haven't had a top class 'keeper, now Chesney is on fire there's no sense complaining he's having to make good saves.
    No defence is perfect, having a top 'keeper behind them can make the difference as it did at Cardiff with that outstanding save at 1-0.

We've got the best defence in the country by a distance, we haven't conceded more than 1 goal in a league game since the opening day. I don't think stats like that come about by dumb luck.
    We've become very adept at killing games off. We seemingly only raise the tempo for about 20-30 mins these days, get the goals we need in those periods then just use our superiority with the ball to ease to the finish.

We rarely concede the first goal anymore and I think that's key to our success. We haven't actually come from behind to win a game this season, so I'm interested to see how if we can step it up when things aren't going to plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chesney has been great this season but once in a while he does remind you that he's still a kid with some heart stopping flubs. But every keeper commits howlers once in a while. I hope Fabianski is given the FA cup games as we need to keep Chesney on his toes.it shouldnt be too much of a risk.
    I think this season so far has been a big surprise to most fans of the club, esp coming from the calamity of the 1st game. I just want to see us stand toe to toe with the 2 big guns left in the league. City and Chelsea, United are going to lose more games against the likes of Villa, Swansea and WBrom. Whereas City have gotten over the hump it seems of losing at away games and Chelsea will somehow keep winning while being unconvincing. The title i feel will be decided on those 6 games between us 3.

Talking of fans, what a prick Ray Wilkins is. Before yesterdays game he was confidently predicting that Rooney would win the game for United....Afterwards of course, he made no mention of how well Everton kept him in check and how poor united were in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters To Santa View Post
    Well of course, but we've been whining for years we haven't had a top class 'keeper, now Chesney is on fire there's no sense complaining he's having to make good saves.
    No defence is perfect, having a top 'keeper behind them can make the difference as it did at Cardiff with that outstanding save at 1-0.

We've got the best defence in the country by a distance, we haven't conceded more than 1 goal in a league game since the opening day. I don't think stats like that come about by dumb luck.
    Who's complaining that he's making great saves - I'm complaining that those saves are stopping us from being level in games where we should be out of site. Apart from Napoli game, scoring early seems to me we then go into defensive mode & play on counter attack against shite opposition. The fact that our defence is playing so well should give us even more reason to attack in numbers & go for the 2nd & 3rd goals that kill a team off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    He didn't - he was checking to see he was marking Ozil. Did everything right apart from maybe when he checked where Ozil was, he could've just tried tugging his shirt. By the time he looked forward Ozil was already putting it in the net. Ozil seems to be great at ghosting into space. Think about his role in Wilshere's 2nd goal against Marseille.

Great attacking players seem to have this ability to find pockets of space in the attacking 1/3. Van Persie is the master of it right now - even if there are 5 defenders around him, he manages to drift into an area where a pass is on. Ozil seems to have poor composure in front of goal but by the end of the season he'll be 1 in 2 Tactregas goalscorer.
    It's still a mistake either way. I'm not taking anything away from a great pass by Ramsey but their CB should have had that area covered. It was too easy for us to pass behind him.

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    Who's complaining that he's making great saves - I'm complaining that those saves are stopping us from being level in games where we should be out of site. Apart from Napoli game, scoring early seems to me we then go into defensive mode & play on counter attack against shite opposition. The fact that our defence is playing so well should give us even more reason to attack in numbers & go for the 2nd & 3rd goals that kill a team off.
    Now this I get.
    We're only going up by 1 and not letting the superiority count early enough.
    As fans, we're still in the mindset that a 1 goal cushion is not enough.
    The defence however, is proving us wrong.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Transplanted Gooner View Post
    Now this I get.
    We're only going up by 1 and not letting the superiority count early enough.
    As fans, we're still in the mindset that a 1 goal cushion is not enough.
    The defence however, is proving us wrong.
    And yet despite this no sign of any Arsenal defenders in the Fifa World XI defenders short list....despite the fact that we have the best defensive record and for me the best back four in the league this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of our defenders would get into a North London XI though.

They didn't cost stupid money.

It's all about the On Paper™ credentials.

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    And yet despite this no sign of any Arsenal defenders in the Fifa World XI defenders short list....despite the fact that we have the best defensive record and for me the best back four in the league this season.
    Don't give a shit about that, TBH.
    Just want them to bring home the team silverware.