User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures (14/15 Dec).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cardiff: Marshall; Theophile-Catherine, Turner, Caulker, Taylor, Whittingham, Medel, Mutch, Noone, Odemwingie, Campbell.

West Brom: Myhill, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Mulumbu, Yacob, Amalfitano, Sessegnon, Brunt, Long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Essien, Willian, Mata, Hazard, Torres.
    Subs: Cole, Lampard, Oscar, Schurrle, Ba, Schwarzer, Eto'o.

Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Ward, Puncheon, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Bannan, Chamakh, Jerome.
    Subs: Parr, Bolasie, O'Keefe, Gayle, Jonathan Williams, Kebe, Price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Palace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost of Xmas Past View Post
    Come on Palace.
    I know I'm down but I worry whether we have what it takes to capitalise on rivals' poor results. Of course i still revel in bad results, but Citeh are making theirs' increasingly irrelevant.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I know I'm down but I worry whether we have what it takes to capitalise on rivals' poor results. Of course i still revel in bad results, but Citeh are making theirs' increasingly irrelevant.
    Well we're top of the league still so we must have been doing it to some extent. Whether we continue to, no idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea 1-0 Palace, Torres.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we're top of the league still so we must have been doing it to some extent. Whether we continue to, no idea.
    Yes but the disappointment is that our league position didn't convince the doubters, and suddenly our results aren't either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but the disappointment is that our league position didn't convince the doubters, and suddenly our results aren't either.
    That wouldn't happen until we actually won it, we're not in the position where we can soup our squads up to win those kind of games, at least not consistently and at least not yet - maybe in the future. And in truth even if we did, like Man Utd often found, they were always placed as second favourites behind Chelsea.

The last time we truly got pumped in the league was the 8-2 and we're in a far better position now (I don't just mean in terms of league position) compared to then.

Everton 1-0 Fulham, Osman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wouldn't happen until we actually won it, we're not in the position where we can soup our squads up to win those kind of games, at least not consistently and at least not yet - maybe in the future. And in truth even if we did, like Man Utd often found, they were always placed as second favourites behind Chelsea.

The last time we truly got pumped in the league was the 8-2 and we're in a far better position now (I don't just mean in terms of league position) compared to then.

Everton 1-0 Fulham, Osman.
    Mate. 6-3 is a pumping for title pretenders. Noones saying that we haven't progressed. we have. But we are competing against teams who can make 8(?) changes against the CL Champs and beat them away. And we have to be realistic about where we are. IMHO in terms of eventual league position we are not massively different to our teams of the past 8 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate. 6-3 is a pumping for title pretenders. Noones saying that we haven't progressed. we have. But we are competing against teams who can make 8(?) changes against the CL Champs and beat them away. And we have to be realistic about where we are. IMHO in terms of eventual league position we are not massively different to our teams of the past 8 years.
    How would a 3-0 defeat have been viewed? We drew there 1-1 last season but were nowhere near the top. You say realistic to be where we are, well that is beating most of the other sides in the league - home and away and that's why we are where we are, we've been doing that better than other teams.

If we are in the same position as in the past 8 years and perhap we are, I don't really know, I can only hope that we are now in the situation where there is no need for us to sell our best players in the summer.

Newcastle 1-0 Southampton, Gouffran.