User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Match Reaction vs Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merry Christmas to all it concerns.

I think Arteta was fine in this particular games.....in fact he was very good even, but I would agree that a long term successor should be in our midst.

It does sometimes feel like some people will do anything not to criticise the manager himself directly, including slaughtering the very players the manager himself brought in, without realising the irony. Before the season started I was very vocal in expressing my disappointment about our failure to bring in a forward. We went after Suarez, Higuain and Demba Ba. Suffice to say it was clear we were unhappy with our forward options, yet we still didn't improve them.

I argued that not only did we need a second forward but that he would ideally challenge if not take Giroud's place, not simply deputise. Some vehemently disagreed based on his effect on our game and suggested we simply needed a lieutenant. There seems to be few people of that view now. Pretty much all you hear is that we need a better forward if we're going to win this that and the other...but that was always going to be the case for me even if Giroud has deserved the credit he has got for raising his game.

I have been really impressed with his attitude too even if he does cut a sulky figure when it's not going his way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Wenger can't repeat the same mistakes as he's done in the past with this next transfer window. I'm not a fan of Giroud's and I don't think the misses are down to fatigue. He's just not clinical and hasn't scored in 9 games or something like that. When Jack scored that wonder goal and we started playing slick football again, the ruthless efficient counter attacking football went out the window. We're now back to trying to dominate possession and passing the ball in the net where earlier in the season we'd let the opposition play and then look to hit them on the break.
    Yes, he can.

He can and probably will point towards the returns of Podolski, Theo and the Ox with some justification (even if it is rather tenuous). That is why I always come back to the idea that Wenger should be thinking about January's plans and next summers plans as one. In spite of those players returning, the squad is at face value, incomplete without the presence of a top quality forward. In light of that and imo, he should be thinking about what he plans to do in the summer and seeing if he can bring it forward to January.

If we had not known how long ago our last game before Chelsea was, we'd have easily believed we only played a few days ago. That does not augur well.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blink check your inbox before tonight's Liverpool City game